-
Junior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
horo
Hi benmayim,
maybe your zip drive is formatted as a "superfloppy", i.e. there are no partitions. Then you must mount /dev/sda and not /dev/sda[1234].
Just an idea, maybe it helps, but first try Rock's tips.
Ciao Martin
I'm not sure what you mean as a "superfloppy" because on my KDE desktop in Knoppix 3.2 I have icons for sda1, sda2, sda4, and sda3 is oddly missing, but whenever I click on them it says it can't read them and I did not specify the filesystem for mounting. If I go to the /mnt folder, sda1, sda2, and sda4 are there and there is not sda3 in the folder.
Actually, I really don't care if I can read FAT32 zip disks (although that would be nicer), but I can't even format a blank zip disk with ext2 file system.
Similar Threads
-
By Neno in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 17
Last Post: 01-11-2005, 05:17 AM
-
By Neno in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-30-2004, 07:29 AM
-
By sdexpn in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-27-2003, 06:03 AM
-
By cascadefx in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 03-02-2003, 04:38 PM
-
By duke_ly in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-19-2003, 05:01 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Seagate Exos 7E8 4TB 3.5" SAS ST4000NM0025
$22.00

Seagate Exos X16 ST10000NM010G 10TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e/4Kn HDD
$199.00

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$69.00

Seagate 14TB Exos X14 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s 256MB 3.5" Enterprise HDD ST14000NM0408
$354.99

Hitachi / HGST Travelstar HTS541010B7E610 1TB 2.5" SATA III HDD
$29.99

Seagate ST6000NM0115 6TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive
$159.99

HGST HUS724040ALA640 4TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.5" Internal Desktop Drive 100% Health
$78.00

Seagate Exos X16 16TB ST16000NM001G 7200RPM Enterprise HDD*USED GREAT CONDITION*
$319.79

Sun Oracle 7357761 14TB 7.2K 3.5 12G SAS-3 HDD Hard Disc Drive w/ Coral Bracket
$249.99

HUS726060ALA640 HGST Ultrastar 6TB SATA 6Gbps 7.2K 3.5" Hard Drive OF21860
$129.99