Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: ADSL/-PPPOE configuration doesn't find anything

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Win95user
    Guest

    ADSL/-PPPOE configuration doesn't find anything

    It's find Eth0, but no connection.
    How do i proceed?

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Royal Oak, Michigan USA
    Posts
    199

    RE: ADSL/PPPOE configuration doesn't find anything

    <snip>
    How do I proceed?
    </snip>

    Where do you live? Who is your provider? What's your network card model? Which brand/model of DSL modem? This is needed information.

  3. #3
    legolas
    Guest
    same problem here
    I live in the netherlands, rotterdam, provider xs4all. I use an Speedtouch USB ADSL modem, it is detected as an usb device, but i cannot make a connection. First time i tried linux, so dont know much about it

  4. #4
    CeesB
    Guest

    SpeedTouch USB unter Linux

    Legolas wrote:

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    same problem here
    I live in the netherlands, rotterdam, provider xs4all. I use an Speedtouch USB ADSL modem, it is detected as an usb device, but i cannot make a connection. First time i tried linux, so dont know much about it
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Why don't you look first at the 'Documentation' and 'KnoppixFAQ' at the Knoppix-site?
    You will find tons of answers (even for questions you did not think about asking yet)

    http://howto.htlw16.ac.at/at-highspeed-howto-2.html
    http://members.aon.at/gweb/gweb/linux/speedtouch.html

    Die ComputerTotaal! heeft wel wat teweeg gebracht :P

    CeesB

  5. #5
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    17

    Re: SpeedTouch USB unter Linux

    Quote Originally Posted by CeesB
    Die ComputerTotaal! heeft wel wat teweeg gebracht :P
    yep, zelfs in België. En ik heb hetzelfde probleem als jullie.

  6. #6
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    11
    Same issue here, it detects the network card as eth0, but that's all...
    I don't understand why I can't simply configure the TCP/IP settings for the network card (eth0) as I've been able to do in any other Linux/BSD I've tried (FreeBSD, Slackware, Redhat, Mandrake)? I don't need any login etc procedures, so I have no idea what this ADSL configuration tool wants to do? I should be able to just set the IP, gateway, subnet mask and name servers for eth0 but I can't seem to do it anywhere

  7. #7
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    11
    Forget it, problem solved
    I was simply using the wrong config program

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    7
    penguin.... how did u solve it... which program did u use?

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Minneapolis, USA
    Posts
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by katolo
    penguin.... how did u solve it... which program did u use?
    Yes, please!

  10. #10
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    11
    I used the network configuration tool in the Knoppix Tools folder in the KDE 'start menu'...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. ADSL/PPPOE configuration
    By rickwinters in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-03-2004, 08:57 PM
  2. ADSL/PPPOE Configuration
    By ronin1967 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-11-2004, 03:56 AM
  3. Firewall and ADSL/PPPoe config
    By funky in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-09-2004, 05:55 AM
  4. Firewall and ADSL/PPPoe connection
    By funky in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-08-2004, 11:26 PM
  5. ADSL/PPPoE Configuration Problem
    By Zapata in forum Networking
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-31-2003, 08:39 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR picture

Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR

$96.60



Cisco UCS 5108 Blade Server Chassis Enclosure N20-C6508 4x PSU 8x Fans 2x Fabric picture

Cisco UCS 5108 Blade Server Chassis Enclosure N20-C6508 4x PSU 8x Fans 2x Fabric

$174.99



Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working picture

Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working

$149.99



Supermicro 938-16 16-LFF MicroCloud SuperServer 5038ML-H8TRF *No Blade Servers* picture

Supermicro 938-16 16-LFF MicroCloud SuperServer 5038ML-H8TRF *No Blade Servers*

$134.99



Supermicro 4U 32x 3.5 Bays 4-Nodes | 8x E5-2660 v3 2.6Ghz | 64gb RAM | 9207-8i picture

Supermicro 4U 32x 3.5 Bays 4-Nodes | 8x E5-2660 v3 2.6Ghz | 64gb RAM | 9207-8i

$699.99



Dell PowerEdge FX2 FX2s Server 10GbE CMC Blade Enclosure Chassis picture

Dell PowerEdge FX2 FX2s Server 10GbE CMC Blade Enclosure Chassis

$274.99



NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER picture

NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER

$1499.97



Dell PowerEdge FX2s Chassis 4x FC630 2x FN410S Server | NO CPU / RAM / HDD / PSU picture

Dell PowerEdge FX2s Chassis 4x FC630 2x FN410S Server | NO CPU / RAM / HDD / PSU

$1999.99



ASUS Blade Server LAN Web Remote Management KVM Module Chip IPMI 2.0 ASMB9-iKVM picture

ASUS Blade Server LAN Web Remote Management KVM Module Chip IPMI 2.0 ASMB9-iKVM

$49.99



NEW Cisco UCSB-5108-AC2 Blade Server Chassis 8 Slot 6RU Chassis 4 X PSU - DW picture

NEW Cisco UCSB-5108-AC2 Blade Server Chassis 8 Slot 6RU Chassis 4 X PSU - DW

$599.40