-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
ferreter
I did this, but still k3b has my burner listed under the reader section of the devices rather than the writer section and quite obviously will not burn anything. I changed the fstab entry to not be ro but rather rw as well if that makes a difference.
Does not suprise me K3b seems to have many problems you may want to try installing XCDRoast the few times that I have used it, it worked without problems. If you want to test if your burner is working you can from the command line cdrecord -v -dummy -eject speed=4 dev=0,1,0 file.name which would run a test burn at 4x speed with the file you choose. Also you do not need the rw option in the /etc/fstab.
As for the other odd issue, I was able to setup a new icon in my desktop to allow a right-click mount option where on the other icon it only gives me the option to play the CD. Can I not have both functionalities for the CD-ROM in one icon (both audio and data)?
Never knew the audio option existed I usually use the command line to access CD's so I can't be much help there.
Similar Threads
-
By unno in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-22-2005, 09:06 PM
-
By delamatrix in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-04-2005, 11:31 PM
-
By Chuckbaker in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 09-09-2004, 07:48 PM
-
By alfredoj69 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-11-2004, 10:58 PM
-
By probono in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 03-22-2004, 07:39 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Lot of 500 Cisco 10-3145-02 QSFP-100G-CWDM4-S 100G CWDM4 QSFP28 Transceiver
$1500.00

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

Cisco 8-Port Ethernet Catalyst Switch - WS-C2960C-8TC-L - Brand New
$50.00

CISCO ISR4331 -No CPU Issue- Integrated Services Router ISR4331/K9
$150.00

Cisco WS-X4748-UPOE+E Catalyst 4500E 48 Port UPoE 10/100/1000 Switch - fast Ship
$39.98

CISCO Services Router C891F-K9, Grade B, SKU 16188
$24.94

Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch
$439.00

Cisco Catalyst WS-C3560CX-8PC-S Managed Switch 8 PoE+ Port | Quantity Available
$97.49

Cisco Catalyst 2960x (WS-C2960X-48FPD-L) 48 Port POE Rack Mount Switch Brand New
$399.99

Cisco Catalyst WS-C2960+24TC-S 24-Port Gigabit Managed SFP Switch
$39.99