On a laptop ... I went into windowsXp and ran partition Magic and formated my old redHat linux partition. . It was ext2
I booted knoppix and ran kpx-hdinstall and it gave me a promt with boot flags.
This confused me a bit.. and i tried re-arrnaging them about, but it didn't matter which way i did it.. it wouldn't go to the next step... ::
II try mkfs ext3 or ext2 and I get bad blocks count on hda2 and 3
i run fsck /hda2 and i get "the superblock could nto be read or does not descrive the correct ext2 filesystem. I fhte device is valid and it really contains an ext2 filessystem (and not swap or ufs or something else), then the superblock is corrupt."
I run e2fsck and i can't read the super block at 8193 or 16385
ALSO ! ! !
when i try to boot my windows XP partition.. it only gets to 'autochk" and can't find it... it skips it, this jsut reboots my machine....

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$100.00
Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$129.99
Western Digital Blue 3D NAND 500GB Internal 2.5" SSD - WDS500G2B0A
$49.99
Netac 256GB SSD 2.5'' SATA III 6Gb/s Internal Solid State Drive 500MB/s PC/Latop
$40.00
Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive
$379.99
Crucial MX500 250GB 2.5" SATA III SSD - Preowned
$29.00
Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -
$36.99
2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.00
Samsung 250GB SSD 850 EVO 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive MZ7LN250 MZ-75E250
$25.99
Netac 120GB 256GB 1TB 2TB Internal SSD 2.5'' SATAIII 6Gb/s Solid State Drive lot
$119.99