-
Junior Member
registered user
No password for knoppix user sudo
Hello,
I would like the knoppix user to enter a password for sudo, but can't work out how to. So far I have used passwd knoppix to create a password, and edited /etc/sudoers with visudo to comment out the
# knoppix ALL=NOPASSWD: ALL
and replaced it with
knoppix ALL=(ALL) ALL.
This appears correctly in the CD I then burned, but still no password is requested for sudo as the knoppix user. Can someone please assist me with this,
Regards
Ian
-
First question, what is it actually you want?
Why don't you just start start a K -> KNOPPIX -> "Root shell"
or press Alt-Ctrl-F2
I'm not very familiar with sudo....
-
Junior Member
registered user
Hi,
I want to secure root access on my re-master. Currently when the knoppix user uses the "sudo {command}" e.g. sudo passwd root, they are able to execute it without ever being prompted for a password. However, other local users that I create are prompted for a password. I have made the changes to the /etc/sudoers file that I thought would solve this, but they haven't.
So in summary, what I want is to enter a command like "sudo passwd root" or "sudo passwd bash" as the knoppix user, and to be prompted for a password.
Take Care,
Ian
Similar Threads
-
By bizarro in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 10-17-2004, 01:29 PM
-
By BalakrishM in forum Ideas
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-13-2004, 04:25 PM
-
By cocojumbo in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-07-2003, 09:40 AM
-
By dennison_b in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-07-2003, 05:04 AM
-
By CyberBug84 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-02-2003, 09:14 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5"/2.5'' SATA HDD/SSD 10Gbps USB-C 3.2
$75.99

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99

Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004
$649.99

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00

Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5" SATA Drives External Array
$55.00

MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00
$1619.19

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95

NVME M.2 Adapter Card PCIE X16 Splitter Expansion Controller 4-Disk Soft RAID
$24.43

EMC KTN-SL3 15-Bay Disk Array Enclosure w/2x 303-108-000E Cards, Dual PSU,No HDD
$239.99

OWC Express 4M2 4x M.2 NVMe RAID Enclosure Aluminum w/ SoftRAID
$199.00