Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: .kde/Autostart/mything.desktop - I get an error

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    6

    .kde/Autostart/mything.desktop - I get an error

    Hi

    From knoppix.sh in /cdrom/KNOPPIX I tried to copy another application to start but with no luck. When initializing KDE during startx I get an error DCop-something.

    How can I get some graphic app to start when KDE is started. Just like showindex.desktop does?

    best regards/hans

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    6
    ahhh, sorry. I found it my self:
    # grep showindex /etc/X11/Xsession.d/45xsession
    ln $HOME/Desktop/KNOPPIX.desktop $HOME/.kde/Autostart/showindex.desktop

    well, I thought I could do a stunt without repacking the cloop image. I guess I have to.

Similar Threads

  1. X won't autostart after crash
    By slwrider in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-14-2005, 07:46 PM
  2. autostart ?!
    By Catscratch in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-12-2004, 05:28 PM
  3. How to autostart Samba ???
    By heldersepu in forum Networking
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-30-2004, 04:37 PM
  4. splash background and konqueror autostart
    By cYmen in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-29-2003, 08:34 PM
  5. Autostart KDE - automatic startx
    By Digital Wanker in forum General Support
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-07-2003, 08:27 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit picture

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit

$19.99



Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP,  (6 CDS) picture

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)

$10.00



Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive picture

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive

$5.99



KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED picture

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED

$11.99



Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick

$20.85



VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION) picture

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)

$7.57



Knoppix NSM 1.2 picture

Knoppix NSM 1.2

$8.00



Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick

$21.42



Hamshack Live DVD-ROM picture

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM

$7.00



Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006 picture

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006

$33.72