-
I did solve the problem for the 3C509 NIC.
I learned from other distributions this card should not set to PNP.
I found out that the module was 3C509.
So I logged in as root and opened a TTY2 (press <CTRL-ALT-F2> for that).
I typed:
modprobe 3C509
then I typed:
ifup eth0
Then returned to X-server (press <ALT-F5> for that).
Then I could confige the NIC (Start Apllications - Knoppix - Network/Internet - Network card configuration)
All I have to find out is if there is a module for the SMC-NIC.
Maybe someone can tell me which module I need and if it's there.
Similar Threads
-
By tjudycki in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 6
Last Post: 02-28-2005, 12:38 AM
-
By minghai in forum Networking
Replies: 17
Last Post: 02-08-2005, 05:17 AM
-
By tsugua in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-11-2005, 04:18 AM
-
By haYnguy in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 08-08-2004, 04:19 AM
-
By tesmith66 in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-07-2004, 02:49 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$115.00

Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026
$13.99

Dell SonicWall TZ400 Network Security Appliance Firewall New
$185.00

Start9 Server Pure 32GB 4TB Intel i7 Node StartOS — Box + PSU
$649.00

Microsoft SQL Server 2025 Standard 32 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License Package
$299.00

All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive
$15.95

NVIDIA Jetson TK1 + Intel NUC Compute Cluster Tray w/ Netgear 16-Port Switch
$499.99

Maxed HP MicroServer Gen8 3.5GHz Xeon E3-1270 V2 16GB RAM 40TB RAID 1TB SSD NAS
$1499.00

BOSGAME E4 Air Mini PC, AMD Ryzen 5 3500U 8GB DDR4 256GB SATA SSD
$169.99

Multi-Boot Linux & Utility 18 in 1 USB – Best of 2026 Free Same-Day Shipping
$22.99