-
HDD install--two different results on same computer
First the specs:
Dell Inspiron 1100
Intel i845g video (i810)
Intel integrated sound (i810_audio)
256MB RAM
20GB HD
15 XGA
Broadcom 440x 10/100 NIC
Knoppix 3.2 2003-07-26
---
Knoppix does just fine identifying my hardware. Knoppix from the live cd gives me 1024x768 at 24bit color depth, sound, and network access.
I've had quite a few difficulties in getting Debian installed on this laptop, so I thought I'd give Knoppix a shot. The first time I installed it to hard drive it did wonderfully. It did so well, in fact, that I decided to reformat my hard-drive and use Knoppix as my main base installation.
All installations after the first fail to give me sound, and my X session is at 640x480 at either 16bit or 24 bit color depth. I've run knx-hdinstall a couple times now feeding trying different cheat codes at boot to see if it affected the installation, but without any luck. The only obvious difference between the first installation and the latter ones is that with the first installation I was on a working network, and successfully used DHCP broadcast. The latter installations were at home away from the network. And I reconfigured the partitions on the hard drive, too, but I can't see where that would cause a difference in how knoppix installs.
Is there some quirck with DHCP and the install when off of the network?
Also, I just found that knoppix-installer is the current method of installation... any chance that this would address these issues?
Thanks,
Ephrem
Similar Threads
-
By your_breakfast in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 5
Last Post: 04-10-2005, 09:21 AM
-
By vulkan abriyanto in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-02-2004, 03:22 AM
-
By bob58 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-27-2004, 01:37 AM
-
By edpi in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-10-2004, 02:32 AM
-
By xenocypraz in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-07-2003, 06:37 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00

Intel Core i7-9700 3.0 GHz Octo-Core (SRG13) Processor
$79.00

Intel Core i5-4590T 2 GHz 5 GT/s LGA 1150 Desktop CPU Processor SR1S6
$10.99

PS5 Over Heating Problem Solver 1.5 Grams Liquid metal thermal paste CPU, GPU
$15.99

Intel Core i7-9700 SRG13 3.0 GHz Desktop CPU
$80.00

Intel SRG17 Core i7-9700T Desktop Processor CPU
$79.99

Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 CPU 2.20GHz 22-Core 55MB 145W LGA2011-3 SR2JV Processor
$79.99

AMD Ryzen 5 9600X Processor (Zen 5) 6-Core 3.9GHz AM5 65W Desktop CPU
$169.99

RGB Win11 AM4 Gaming PC Ryzen 5 3600X GeForce GTX1070Ti 512GB SSD 16GB RAM Wifi
$529.00

Intel core i7-4790 CPU
$30.00