-
Gateway and Knoppix
I have a Gateway that seems to load Knoppix just fine until its time for "X". Then it just hangs with a blank screen. I tried the "failsafe" option and it loaded KDE but I could not use the mouse. I had a cursor in the middle of the screen, but nothing moved.
Pentium 4 1.8 ghz
256 MB Ram
NVidia GeForce2 MX400
Gateway FPD1510 (flat panel) monitor
HID-compliant wheelmouse (USB optical) by Logitech
-
Senior Member
registered user
RE: Gateway and Knoppix
<snip>
I have a Gateway that seems to load Knoppix just fine until its time for "X".
</snip>
It's likely that the default video mode is incompatible with the LC display. This is one of the drawbacks of LCDs. Try "forcing" the display to a resolution and refresh rate that the monitor likes. This should be documented either in your system literature or on the Gateway site itself.
-
I passed the following cheat codes and I'm up and running.
knoppix xmodule=vesa wheelmouse
Hey it even configured my ehternet card and I'm sending this from inside Konquerer.....nifty distro!
Similar Threads
-
By mwdowns in forum Laptops
Replies: 30
Last Post: 01-31-2005, 08:22 PM
-
By ghostblaze in forum Networking
Replies: 6
Last Post: 10-31-2004, 11:58 PM
-
By SideWynder in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-21-2003, 11:41 PM
-
By melo in forum The Lounge
Replies: 4
Last Post: 11-11-2003, 09:40 PM
-
By orcsoul in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-14-2003, 07:57 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$9.64

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch
$46.99

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99

TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern
$15.25

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99

Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts
$69.00

TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed
$199.99

TP-Link TL-SX105 10GB 5-Port Switch - Unopened
$195.00