Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: cFdisk

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    22

    cFdisk

    I like the cFdisk tool.

    It helped me to delete Linux partitions , because FDISK could not find any non-DOS partitions

    I want to put it on a diskette or bootdisk. Where can I download it?

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    555
    I like cfdisk too! QtParted may be sexier, but I 've seen
    cases (specifically, stretching an extended partition) where
    the humbler cfdisk was actually more capable.

    Anyway, I don't know how to easily build a 1 or 2 floppies
    minilinux with cfdisk. What's wrong with booting off the
    CDrom? Then you've got a system with all possible drivers
    and excellent HW detection. You know you can quickly boot to
    text mode by saying "knoppix 2" at the boot prompt, don't you?

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    100
    Or get something like the slackware root/boot 2 floppy set which has cfdisk.Toms root/boot floppy may have it.Cfdisk is provided by a package called util-linux on debian and theres also some other one called cfdisk-utf8

  4. #4
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by baldyeti
    I like cfdisk too! QtParted may be sexier, but I 've seen
    cases (specifically, stretching an extended partition) where
    the humbler cfdisk was actually more capable.

    Anyway, I don't know how to easily build a 1 or 2 floppies
    minilinux with cfdisk. What's wrong with booting off the
    CDrom? Then you've got a system with all possible drivers
    and excellent HW detection. You know you can quickly boot to
    text mode by saying "knoppix 2" at the boot prompt, don't you?
    No I didn't know that , I just started the HD installation of Knoppix and deleted the Linux partitions with cFdisk. Well it works

    When I boot in text mode , how do I start cFdisk? And how do I reboot / turn off the computer in text mode?

  5. #5
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Berlin, Germany
    Posts
    94
    When I boot in text mode , how do I start cFdisk? And how do I reboot / turn off the computer in text mode?
    cfdisk

    shutdown -r now

    shutdown -h now

    Ciao Martin

  6. #6
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479
    Quote Originally Posted by Mogiin
    When I boot in text mode , how do I start cFdisk? And how do I reboot / turn off the computer in text mode?
    To start just type cfdisk to shutdown the system shutdown -h now for immediate shutdown shutdown -r now to re-boot all this as root of course.

  7. #7
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    22
    Thnx

Similar Threads

  1. cfdisk and partioning (I know there is already much about it
    By McGyver in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-27-2005, 10:25 PM
  2. How Do I setup cfdisk
    By chain in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-05-2004, 03:47 PM
  3. cfdisk-explanation
    By senorian in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-20-2003, 03:38 PM
  4. Help with cfdisk
    By douglas2 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-11-2003, 03:15 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


G-Technology G-RAID 24TB Dual-Drive External HDD TB3 USB 3.1 7200RPM Silver picture

G-Technology G-RAID 24TB Dual-Drive External HDD TB3 USB 3.1 7200RPM Silver

$299.99



Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004 picture

Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004

$649.99



EMC KTN-SL3 15-Bay Disk Array Enclosure w/2x 303-108-000E Cards, Dual PSU,No HDD picture

EMC KTN-SL3 15-Bay Disk Array Enclosure w/2x 303-108-000E Cards, Dual PSU,No HDD

$239.99



Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board picture

Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board

$300.00



AMS VENUS T5C Mini DS-2250C 5-Bay 2.5” SATA RAID USB 3.0 eSATA picture

AMS VENUS T5C Mini DS-2250C 5-Bay 2.5” SATA RAID USB 3.0 eSATA

$129.99



MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00 picture

MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00

$1619.19



Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller picture

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller

$64.99



LSI 9305-16i SATA SAS 12Gbs Controller card PCIe 3.0 IT-Mode w/SAS SATA cable US picture

LSI 9305-16i SATA SAS 12Gbs Controller card PCIe 3.0 IT-Mode w/SAS SATA cable US

$125.98



Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD picture

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD

$265.00



OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2  for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs picture

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs

$87.99