-
Senior Member
registered user
Hi, yeah so, sound was my problem, I was just testing on a few different laptops here, 3 actually and I didn't realize one had the a jack plugged into an amp that was turned off. Still after a days worth of testing I haven't gotten the 32-bit to boot on anything at all and I was still unable to get the resume from suspend working on the laptop that I really need suspend working on, tried all manor of quirks switches and apps and boot parameters. I've seen this a few times previously and I think it is a kernel problem and I'm sure it only effects the 64 version. Yeah the CD version was handy for small keys, putting the system to ram and still having space leftover to muck about. It's really nice when a stable build comes along. I ran the 7.2 CD version live in ram on my bedside laptop for 600 and umpteen days, 15 I think,; without a restart just by clearing the zram swap space every once-in-a-while and sure yeah I expect things not to work since it's live and I had to config some stuff like touch-pad, adding pulse-audio/manager and vlc but at that, it was solid! I relegate that laptop to the spare room with 8.1 only being used while I was exercising in there or had to test something on a spare computer and it seemed fairly stable too. I sure hope there will be an 8.6.1 release coming soon. I also couldn't see why the overlay wasn't an opt-in (option) by typing 'overlay' if you need to use it instead of being an opt-out by having to type 'noimage' when you don't currently need it. Maybe it makes sense if you create the overlay that your going to be using it, but yeah I would still think only if you want too, maybe that is me. I'll check back soon
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD
$1299.99

Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$375.00

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$179.99

IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620
$199.99

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$110.30

Compaq ProLiant 1500R 5/100 rack server, Series 3155, with IBM 2.1GB HD, VINTAGE
$295.00

IBM SYSTEM X3550 M5 5463AC1 2.5x8 Server 2*XEON E5-2640 V3 8GB SEE NOTES
$85.99

IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU
$999.99

Rare Vintage IBM 93ZZ PowerPC Server Board - MCM Ceramic CPU - 40N1844 - 1.1 lbs
$49.99

IBM Server Rackmount Sliding Rail Kit ( Part Numbers: 00D9375 / 00D9374 )
$24.99