-
LILO woe
I'm having problems with LILO now that I've done the HDD install. I've been using a boot disk until now but I decided to install LILO instead. When I try and run /sbin/lilo, I'm greeted with the following response:
Code:
LILO is unable to correctly determine the device codes assigned to two
of your disks by the System BIOS. Consequently, it seems to have guessed
wrong. The following conflict needs to be resolved with explicit
"disk=/dev/... bios=0x??" lines in '/etc/lilo.conf'.
Fatal: Bios device code 0x80 is being used by two disks
/dev/ataraid/d0 (0x7200) and /dev/hdg (0x2200)
This is a bit of a bugger because these disks are both attached to my RAID controller (PDC20276, currently being used as ATA133 rather than RAID). The two disks attached to the controller are /dev/hde (/dev/ataraid/d0 - Windows install) and /dev/hdg (/dev/ataraid/d1 - Linux). I've never had any problems installing LILO to the MBR of /dev/hde in the past when I've been using Mandrake/RH/SuSE so I'm not sure how to resolve this. My /etc/lilo.conf hasn't been changed from the one created during the HDD install:
Code:
boot=/dev/hde
vga=791
prompt
timeout=50
append = "hda=scsi hdb=scsi hdc=scsi hdd=scsi hde=scsi hdf=scsi hdg=scsi hdh=scsi apm=power-off nomce"
image=/boot/vmlinuz-2.4.20-xfs
label=knoppix
root=/dev/hdg5
read-only
initrd=/boot/initrd.gz
## A Windows installation, example for partition 1 on first IDE harddisk
# other=/dev/hda1
# label=dos
# optional
# table=/dev/hda
Can anyone help?
Similar Threads
-
By whoeverheis in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-25-2005, 07:13 PM
-
By tomjermy in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-17-2005, 01:07 AM
-
By emartinson in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-21-2004, 04:22 AM
-
By JockVSJock in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 04-09-2004, 10:42 AM
-
By sminotti in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 5
Last Post: 08-04-2003, 03:59 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99

Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch
$46.99

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$9.64

TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597
$36.98

Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts
$69.00

Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks
$224.95

5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play
$31.99