I've been running a HDD install of Knoppix for a few months now, and it's been great. However, I just added a wireless NIC, and things got odd fast.
Basically, I've been running a 3Com 905TX NIC the whole time I've had Knoppix with zero problems. When I stuck the wireless card -- a D-Link DWL-520 -- in, it was recognized, but the 3Com disappeared from my hardware list (dmesg only has the D-Link). I know this isn't right, because I didn't touch the old 3Com card, and it was always recongized before.
After searching this forum, I found a reference that multiple NICs don't work, for some odd reason, under the default Knoppix config. Further searching and a thorough Googling turned up nothing on this subject, however.
Does anyone know anything about this? I'd really like to enable both cards, as the Knoppix box will be acting as a gateway for a wireless-enabled laptop.
Thanks,
Alex Kirk

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00
Intel Core i7-9700 3.0 GHz Octo-Core (SRG13) Processor
$79.00
HP ProDesk 405 G8 Desktop AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 5650GE 16GB RAM 512GB SSD W11P
$319.99
13th Gen. Intel Core i3-13100T CPU SRMBT 2.5 GHz LGA-1700 Desktop Processor.
$105.00
Intel SRG17 Core i7-9700T Desktop Processor CPU
$74.99
Intel Core i7-9700 SRG13 3.0 GHz Desktop CPU
$80.00
Intel Xeon X5690 3.46GHz 6.4GT/s 12MB 6-core 1333MHz SLBVX processor
$28.00
AMD Ryzen 5 9600X Processor (Zen 5) 6-Core 3.9GHz AM5 65W Desktop CPU
$169.99
(LOT OF 20) Intel Core i5-8400 CPU 2.80GHz Desktop Processor (SR3QT)
$700.00
PS5 Over Heating Problem Solver 1.5 Grams Liquid metal thermal paste CPU, GPU
$15.99