I've been running a HDD install of Knoppix for a few months now, and it's been great. However, I just added a wireless NIC, and things got odd fast.
Basically, I've been running a 3Com 905TX NIC the whole time I've had Knoppix with zero problems. When I stuck the wireless card -- a D-Link DWL-520 -- in, it was recognized, but the 3Com disappeared from my hardware list (dmesg only has the D-Link). I know this isn't right, because I didn't touch the old 3Com card, and it was always recongized before.
After searching this forum, I found a reference that multiple NICs don't work, for some odd reason, under the default Knoppix config. Further searching and a thorough Googling turned up nothing on this subject, however.
Does anyone know anything about this? I'd really like to enable both cards, as the Knoppix box will be acting as a gateway for a wireless-enabled laptop.
Thanks,
Alex Kirk

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$102.99
Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -
$39.99
Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00
Micron MTFDDAK256TBN 256 GB, Internal ,2.5" SSD
$23.00
Samsung 256 GB Internal SATA SSD Fully Tested 50%-79% Health
$24.00
2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.00
Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive
$42.99
Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99
SANDISK ULTRA 3D NAND 1TB SSD SATA III 6 GB/S 2.5" /7 (SDSSDH3-1T02)
$138.56
WD Blue 500GB 3D NAND 2.5” SATA III SSD
$40.00