-
Junior Member
registered user
Multiple Ethernet Cards
I've been running a HDD install of Knoppix for a few months now, and it's been great. However, I just added a wireless NIC, and things got odd fast.
Basically, I've been running a 3Com 905TX NIC the whole time I've had Knoppix with zero problems. When I stuck the wireless card -- a D-Link DWL-520 -- in, it was recognized, but the 3Com disappeared from my hardware list (dmesg only has the D-Link). I know this isn't right, because I didn't touch the old 3Com card, and it was always recongized before.
After searching this forum, I found a reference that multiple NICs don't work, for some odd reason, under the default Knoppix config. Further searching and a thorough Googling turned up nothing on this subject, however.
Does anyone know anything about this? I'd really like to enable both cards, as the Knoppix box will be acting as a gateway for a wireless-enabled laptop.
Thanks,
Alex Kirk
Similar Threads
-
By Philly_Blunt in forum Laptops
Replies: 6
Last Post: 01-23-2004, 03:22 PM
-
By ShavedHawk in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 5
Last Post: 10-01-2003, 04:13 AM
-
By gpsmith2 in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-14-2003, 10:27 PM
-
By cYmen in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-13-2003, 07:10 AM
-
By applecran in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-09-2003, 06:02 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Lot of 52 Mix 16GB Micron MTA36ASF2G72PZ-2G1A2KK DDR4 PC4-17000P-R Server Memory
$3599.99

2 Sticks Of XPG GAMMINX 8GB DDR4 Ram - White
$55.00

Micro SD Adapter To SD HC SDHC Memory Card Adapter Reader NEW
$1.39

SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory
$159.98

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

Lot of 12 SK Hynix 64GB PC4-2666V LRDIMM Server Memory RAM HMAA8GL7CPR4N -Tested
$4200.00

SK hynix 16GB 2Rx4 PC4-2133P-RA0-10 Server Memory Ram HMA42GR7MFR4N-TF
$57.99

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

LOT OF 27-Mixed Lot of 8GB (27x8GB=216GB TOTAL) PC3L-12800R ECC REG Server RAM
$149.99

Lot of 2- SK Hynix 8GB 1RX8 PC4-2666V-RD1-11 Server RAM Memory HMA81GR7AFR8N-VK
$80.00