Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Boot problems

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Ft Lauderdale, USA
    Posts
    5

    HDD Install

    I had tried Knoppix loaded from disk 3 times with out any problems on my W98 box and I liked it. I wanted to do a hard install on its own drive 2.95 and maintain W98 on another to do dual boot. I decided to erase everything on the extra drive, but could not get rid of the trash basket from W98.

    I was going to follow pnti's instructions, but now I cannot load the os from disk. After the Welcome to Knoppix 3.2 screen displays, the program begins to auto load but stops after about 10 lines after the lines :
    USB found, managed by hotplug
    enabling hotplug manager
    autoconfiguring device (followed by green bar) h

    Then the cursor stops at the beginning of next line and just blinks.

    I appreciate any ideas, (BTW I am really new to linux). Thanks

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Ft Lauderdale, USA
    Posts
    5

    HDD Install

    javascript:emoticon ('')Sorry for my previous post, I went back to the Knoppix 3.2 screen and selected "failsafe" as a boot, this eliminated any problems with the hangup of the install; however it presents other challenges to be overcome by my lack of knowlege.

    Sorry for previous post.

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    colorado springs, colorado
    Posts
    1,933

    Re: HDD Install

    As you can see I split your posts from their previous location. It is advisable to create your own topic in a forum so that it has better visibility.

    Quote Originally Posted by sonic20
    I had tried Knoppix loaded from disk 3 times with out any problems on my W98 box and I liked it. I wanted to do a hard install on its own drive 2.95 and maintain W98 on another to do dual boot. I decided to erase everything on the extra drive, but could not get rid of the trash basket from W98.

    I was going to follow pnti's instructions, but now I cannot load the os from disk. After the Welcome to Knoppix 3.2 screen displays, the program begins to auto load but stops after about 10 lines after the lines :
    USB found, managed by hotplug
    enabling hotplug manager
    autoconfiguring device (followed by green bar) h

    Then the cursor stops at the beginning of next line and just blinks.

    I appreciate any ideas, (BTW I am really new to linux). Thanks
    I am unsure of how you are trying to boot knoppix, whether from cdrom or booting the .iso from your hard drive. Either way, try this:

    boot: knoppix nousb

    I don't know if you have any USB devices you wish to use but that usually will get you by the error you're getting. Post some hardware details and the output of lspci -v.

  4. #4
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    15
    I've got the same problem!
    And i tried with these;
    Code:
    knoppix noagp noddc noapm noapic nodma nocmcia nocsi nousb nosmp
    But it just didn't work.. Now im trying failsafe..

    EDIT: but this isn't a hddinstall, im just trying to run it..

Similar Threads

  1. Boot Problems
    By phoenixzero in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-24-2004, 06:14 AM
  2. Boot Problems
    By fishjg in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-04-2004, 09:10 PM
  3. Boot / boot loader problems
    By Loper in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-11-2003, 02:38 AM
  4. problems at boot
    By toeknee in forum General Support
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-14-2003, 04:03 PM
  5. Problems with x - Boot-shutdown... Boot-shutdown...Boot-shut
    By _CaLeB_ in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-31-2003, 06:20 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


NEW Cisco Meraki MS130-48P-HW 48-Port Gigabit PoE+ Cloud Manage Switch UNCLAIMED picture

NEW Cisco Meraki MS130-48P-HW 48-Port Gigabit PoE+ Cloud Manage Switch UNCLAIMED

$2999.99



Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch picture

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch

$129.99



Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module picture

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module

$699.99



Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New picture

Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New

$101.99



Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch picture

Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch

$439.00



Cisco | N3K-C3232C | 32-Port 100G QSFP Network Switch  W/ 2x PSU, 2x Power Cords picture

Cisco | N3K-C3232C | 32-Port 100G QSFP Network Switch W/ 2x PSU, 2x Power Cords

$240.00



Cisco C9300-48UXM-A Switch 9300 Series 48-port UPoE Network picture

Cisco C9300-48UXM-A Switch 9300 Series 48-port UPoE Network

$874.99



Cisco C9200-48P-E Cisco POE Network Switch picture

Cisco C9200-48P-E Cisco POE Network Switch

$749.99



nxa-pac-750w-pe v02 NEW OPEN BOX for Cisco Nexus 9300 Series power supply picture

nxa-pac-750w-pe v02 NEW OPEN BOX for Cisco Nexus 9300 Series power supply

$200.00



Cisco XFP-10G-MM-SR 10G XFP Transceiver picture

Cisco XFP-10G-MM-SR 10G XFP Transceiver

$79.89