-
Junior Member
registered user
How to add a modem module to kernel ?
Hi
I want to make my own Knopper
I just want to add a modem module (HSF driver http://www.linuxant.com/drivers/hsf/downloads.html) and make some change KDE settings
I saw http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.ph...masteringHowto and I think its very easy to make changes to KDE settings.
but how can I add my modem module to the kernel ? (should I just copy the *.o to /lib/modules/2.4.20/kernel/drivers/net/ ?
Thank you
-
Senior Member
registered user
No you cannot add it manually(as in copy and paste) you will have to go through the 'make-make install' process for the drivers in order for the module to be recognized by the kernel. Then you can insert the *.o files in the /etc/modules file so that the modules are loaded at boot.
Similar Threads
-
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-21-2005, 01:23 PM
-
By littleKoala in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 06-29-2004, 11:56 AM
-
By wex in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-16-2004, 01:51 AM
-
By probono in forum Networking
Replies: 5
Last Post: 10-20-2003, 02:16 PM
-
By bamarob in forum Ideas
Replies: 6
Last Post: 06-25-2003, 03:37 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

128GB (4x32GB) SK hynix DDR4 PC4-2666V RDIMM ECC Server Ram HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK
$799.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Microsoft Windows Server 2022 Standard 64Bit 16 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key&
$69.90

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1499.00

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00