Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Lucent V90

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    5

    Lucent V90

    I have a Lucent V90 modem, and found a driver for it on the net. The site said to do a
    Code:
    make install
    , but it said that it couldnt write to /sbin, so I read around the forum and it said that I needed to change the makefile so it pointed somwhere writable, so I did, and now the error has something to do with getcwd. I have Knoppix 3.1, the machine is a pentium 3 450, compaq. I'll post the exact wording later...

    Thanx

    Scott McNeely

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    84
    Lucent modems are common (infact I have one) and you should not have to install a driver for them. If your modem is PCI try this first.

    Type this into a root shell:
    cd /dev
    ./MAKEDEV ttyS4
    ln -s ttyS4 modem
    chmod 777 modem
    chmod 777 ttyS4


    This will set up your default modem to run on ttyS4. For Win/DOS users ttyS4 is com5. This is an unusual com that is sometimes used by PCI modems.

    I can't help you with installing drivers because I have never had to do that. Knoppix has so much already included that it is just a matter of knowing how to use it. Hope that helps

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    5
    Thanx for the info, I did it and there where no errors, but how do i get KPPP to look to ttyS4 for my modem? i know the modem is on ttyS0, its com1 in windows, but it only gets so far as to initialize the modem, it just sits there, a check of the phone line finds the dialtone, and the modem makes no dialy like noises, am i just not waiting long enuff?

    Thanx

    Scott McNeely

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    4
    And what about intel 536ep modem? can i make it work somehow?

Similar Threads

  1. Lucent Winmodem For A Hdd Install I Did
    By \/\/inblowz in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-18-2004, 09:52 PM
  2. Lucent Winmodem For A Hdd Install I Did
    By \/\/inblowz in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-15-2004, 09:40 PM
  3. Lucent Win Modem?
    By Ins0mniac in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-15-2004, 04:06 AM
  4. Lucent WinModem v.90 not working!!!
    By knoppix_br in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-24-2003, 11:50 PM
  5. Lucent Win Modem
    By Bluethunder in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-25-2003, 12:28 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black

$241.50



Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black

$241.50



Lenovo ThinkPad T14 G2 14-Inch AMD Ryzen R5 5650U 16GB, 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro picture

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 G2 14-Inch AMD Ryzen R5 5650U 16GB, 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro

$398.99



Lenovo ThinkPad T495 14” Laptop AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Windows 11 picture

Lenovo ThinkPad T495 14” Laptop AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Windows 11

$229.99



Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 1 14

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 1 14" AMD Ryzen 5 16GB 256GB SSD

$219.99



Lenovo - IdeaPad Slim 3i 15.6

Lenovo - IdeaPad Slim 3i 15.6" Full HD Laptop - Intel Processor N355 2025- 8G...

$349.99



Lenovo IdeaPad 5 2-in-1 16

Lenovo IdeaPad 5 2-in-1 16" WUXGA Touch Ryzen 7 8845HS 16GB 512GB SSD FPReader

$571.00



LENOVO THINKPAD T14 GEN 2i  CORE I7-11165G7 2.8GHZ 16GB 256 SSD WCAM WI1 CORD picture

LENOVO THINKPAD T14 GEN 2i CORE I7-11165G7 2.8GHZ 16GB 256 SSD WCAM WI1 CORD

$245.00



Lenovo Thinkpad E15 Gen 2 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Intel Core i5-1135G7@2.40GHz Laptop picture

Lenovo Thinkpad E15 Gen 2 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Intel Core [email protected] Laptop

$220.36



Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Yoga Gen 6 14

Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Yoga Gen 6 14" 16GB, Storm Gray

$356.80