Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Lucent V90

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    5

    Lucent V90

    I have a Lucent V90 modem, and found a driver for it on the net. The site said to do a
    Code:
    make install
    , but it said that it couldnt write to /sbin, so I read around the forum and it said that I needed to change the makefile so it pointed somwhere writable, so I did, and now the error has something to do with getcwd. I have Knoppix 3.1, the machine is a pentium 3 450, compaq. I'll post the exact wording later...

    Thanx

    Scott McNeely

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    84
    Lucent modems are common (infact I have one) and you should not have to install a driver for them. If your modem is PCI try this first.

    Type this into a root shell:
    cd /dev
    ./MAKEDEV ttyS4
    ln -s ttyS4 modem
    chmod 777 modem
    chmod 777 ttyS4


    This will set up your default modem to run on ttyS4. For Win/DOS users ttyS4 is com5. This is an unusual com that is sometimes used by PCI modems.

    I can't help you with installing drivers because I have never had to do that. Knoppix has so much already included that it is just a matter of knowing how to use it. Hope that helps

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    5
    Thanx for the info, I did it and there where no errors, but how do i get KPPP to look to ttyS4 for my modem? i know the modem is on ttyS0, its com1 in windows, but it only gets so far as to initialize the modem, it just sits there, a check of the phone line finds the dialtone, and the modem makes no dialy like noises, am i just not waiting long enuff?

    Thanx

    Scott McNeely

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    4
    And what about intel 536ep modem? can i make it work somehow?

Similar Threads

  1. Lucent Winmodem For A Hdd Install I Did
    By \/\/inblowz in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-18-2004, 09:52 PM
  2. Lucent Winmodem For A Hdd Install I Did
    By \/\/inblowz in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-15-2004, 09:40 PM
  3. Lucent Win Modem?
    By Ins0mniac in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-15-2004, 04:06 AM
  4. Lucent WinModem v.90 not working!!!
    By knoppix_br in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-24-2003, 11:50 PM
  5. Lucent Win Modem
    By Bluethunder in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-25-2003, 12:28 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


SK Hynix 64GB DDR4 3200 ECC RDIMM HMAA8GR7CJR4N-XN Server Memory RAM picture

SK Hynix 64GB DDR4 3200 ECC RDIMM HMAA8GR7CJR4N-XN Server Memory RAM

$950.00



TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot picture

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot

$288.19



SK Hynix 8GB 1RX4 PC4-2133P-RC0-10 Registered Server RAM HMA41GR7MFR4N-TF TD AB picture

SK Hynix 8GB 1RX4 PC4-2133P-RC0-10 Registered Server RAM HMA41GR7MFR4N-TF TD AB

$34.99



Samsung 32GBX2 1Rx4 PC4-3200AA DDR4 ECC Server Memory M393A4G40AB3-CWEBQ 64GB EC picture

Samsung 32GBX2 1Rx4 PC4-3200AA DDR4 ECC Server Memory M393A4G40AB3-CWEBQ 64GB EC

$370.00



SK Hynix 64GB (2x32GB) DDR4 3200 ECC RDIMM HMAG84EXNRA199N Server RAM picture

SK Hynix 64GB (2x32GB) DDR4 3200 ECC RDIMM HMAG84EXNRA199N Server RAM

$1250.00



USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack picture

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack

$826.09



Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot picture

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot

$285.90



Micron 64GB DDR5 4800 ECC RDIMM MTC40F2046S1RC48BA1 Server Memory RAM picture

Micron 64GB DDR5 4800 ECC RDIMM MTC40F2046S1RC48BA1 Server Memory RAM

$2250.00



DDR3 DDR4 DDR5 Laptop to Desktop Memory Adapter Card SO-DIMM To PC DIMM Lot picture

DDR3 DDR4 DDR5 Laptop to Desktop Memory Adapter Card SO-DIMM To PC DIMM Lot

$55.27



SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory picture

SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory

$159.98