Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Lucent V90

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    5

    Lucent V90

    I have a Lucent V90 modem, and found a driver for it on the net. The site said to do a
    Code:
    make install
    , but it said that it couldnt write to /sbin, so I read around the forum and it said that I needed to change the makefile so it pointed somwhere writable, so I did, and now the error has something to do with getcwd. I have Knoppix 3.1, the machine is a pentium 3 450, compaq. I'll post the exact wording later...

    Thanx

    Scott McNeely

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    84
    Lucent modems are common (infact I have one) and you should not have to install a driver for them. If your modem is PCI try this first.

    Type this into a root shell:
    cd /dev
    ./MAKEDEV ttyS4
    ln -s ttyS4 modem
    chmod 777 modem
    chmod 777 ttyS4


    This will set up your default modem to run on ttyS4. For Win/DOS users ttyS4 is com5. This is an unusual com that is sometimes used by PCI modems.

    I can't help you with installing drivers because I have never had to do that. Knoppix has so much already included that it is just a matter of knowing how to use it. Hope that helps

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    5
    Thanx for the info, I did it and there where no errors, but how do i get KPPP to look to ttyS4 for my modem? i know the modem is on ttyS0, its com1 in windows, but it only gets so far as to initialize the modem, it just sits there, a check of the phone line finds the dialtone, and the modem makes no dialy like noises, am i just not waiting long enuff?

    Thanx

    Scott McNeely

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    4
    And what about intel 536ep modem? can i make it work somehow?

Similar Threads

  1. Lucent Winmodem For A Hdd Install I Did
    By \/\/inblowz in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-18-2004, 09:52 PM
  2. Lucent Winmodem For A Hdd Install I Did
    By \/\/inblowz in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-15-2004, 09:40 PM
  3. Lucent Win Modem?
    By Ins0mniac in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-15-2004, 04:06 AM
  4. Lucent WinModem v.90 not working!!!
    By knoppix_br in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-24-2003, 11:50 PM
  5. Lucent Win Modem
    By Bluethunder in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-25-2003, 12:28 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


OEM Genuine 42Wh WDX0R For DELL Inspiron WDXOR Battery 15 5567 5568 13 5368 7368 picture

OEM Genuine 42Wh WDX0R For DELL Inspiron WDXOR Battery 15 5567 5568 13 5368 7368

$22.99



OEM 68Wh 3HWPP Battery For Dell Latitude 5401 5501 5410 5510 E5411 E5511 picture

OEM 68Wh 3HWPP Battery For Dell Latitude 5401 5501 5410 5510 E5411 E5511

$28.99



OEM Genuine 62WH 6MT4T Battery For Dell Latitude E5470 E5570 6MT4T 07V69Y 7V69Y picture

OEM Genuine 62WH 6MT4T Battery For Dell Latitude E5470 E5570 6MT4T 07V69Y 7V69Y

$36.66



Genuine OEM 6GTPY 97Wh Battery for Dell XPS 15 7590, 9550 Series 5XJ28 GPM03 New picture

Genuine OEM 6GTPY 97Wh Battery for Dell XPS 15 7590, 9550 Series 5XJ28 GPM03 New

$33.50



OEM Genuine 86WH 69KF2 Battery For Dell XPS 15 9500 Precision 5550 M59JH M15 M17 picture

OEM Genuine 86WH 69KF2 Battery For Dell XPS 15 9500 Precision 5550 M59JH M15 M17

$45.49



OEM 68Wh 3HWPP Battery For Dell Latitude 5401 5411 15 5501 5511 Precision 3541 picture

OEM 68Wh 3HWPP Battery For Dell Latitude 5401 5411 15 5501 5511 Precision 3541

$35.78



Lot of 5 Dell OEM 65W 7.4mm 19.5V 3.34A AC Adapters Mixed Models B Grade picture

Lot of 5 Dell OEM 65W 7.4mm 19.5V 3.34A AC Adapters Mixed Models B Grade

$36.99



OEM 74WH 357F9 Battery For Dell Inspiron 15 7559 i7559 7557 i7557 5577 7567 5576 picture

OEM 74WH 357F9 Battery For Dell Inspiron 15 7559 i7559 7557 i7557 5577 7567 5576

$26.99



OEM Genuine 95WH PKWVM C903V Battery 7550 For Dell Precision CR72X 17C06 447VR picture

OEM Genuine 95WH PKWVM C903V Battery 7550 For Dell Precision CR72X 17C06 447VR

$37.40



New Genuine OEM Dell Latitude 5420 5520 3560 4 Cell Laptop Battery RJ40G M033W picture

New Genuine OEM Dell Latitude 5420 5520 3560 4 Cell Laptop Battery RJ40G M033W

$49.95