-
Knoppix HD Install OK But German Language Only
Accomplished the HD install OK but Knoppix desktop defaults to German. How do I get it back to English? Also have log in PW problems from when I did the original config and wondering how I can override that? Thanks from an enthusiastic Linux and Knoppix newbie!
-
Change default lang to English for hd install
I ran a google search for knx-hdinstall howto and I found this page http://www.phpcad.com/knoppix-install.html There you will find howto change your default language to English (in KDE). Hope that helps. Knoppix is great!
-
Senior Member
registered user
Change lang
If you want english only just say "apt-get remove kde-i18n*" and also "apt-get install localepurge" then run "localepurge" command and only generate the locales for en 
Not only will it be all english it will free over 150meg.
I also get a 100% english after install when I run the new "knoppix-installer" from my 7-26 knoppix instead of the old "knx-hdinstall" thats also included.The new installer rox.
Similar Threads
-
By Josh83 in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-04-2005, 01:00 PM
-
By GaTk in forum The Lounge
Replies: 3
Last Post: 12-28-2004, 01:37 PM
-
By John Richards in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-26-2004, 01:48 PM
-
By CSY in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 04-10-2004, 08:10 PM
-
By jensen in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-02-2003, 10:13 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Lenovo ThinkPad L13 Yoga Touch Laptop 13.3” Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$239.99

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 2a 8-Core Ryzen Pro 7 5850U 1.90GHz 512GB SSD 16GB RAM
$300.00

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11
$374.99

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 2 Laptop 14” HD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$319.99

Lenovo Thinkpad T14 Gen 2i 14" 16GB 512GB, Black
$313.00

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 1 14" AMD Ryzen 5 16GB 256GB SSD
$219.99

Lenovo ThinkPad L14 Gen 3 14" FHD Laptop i5 12th Gen 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11
$329.99

Lenovo ThinkPad T495 14” Laptop AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Windows 11
$229.99

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50