I have the same problem after hdd installation, only the system doesnt recover after konquerer hangs.--i have to hit power switch and reboot-- Is there a way to disable automount to solve this? Is knoppix broken or is it a bug on knoppix?
Hello,
everytime I mount hd-partitions (Linux or Win) and try to access the /mnt/ folder with the Konquerer by simply clicking the Icon it says: "Verzögerung" and the system won't response for a few minutes.
Where does this delay come from? Is there any possibility to change the delay time?
Thanks in advance!
I have the same problem after hdd installation, only the system doesnt recover after konquerer hangs.--i have to hit power switch and reboot-- Is there a way to disable automount to solve this? Is knoppix broken or is it a bug on knoppix?
"everytime I mount hd-partitions (Linux or Win) and try to access the /mnt/ folder with the Konquerer by simply clicking the Icon it says: "Verzögerung" and the system won't response for a few minutes. "
I finally fixed this bug on my machine.
To fix it, I just load the vmlinuz with GRUB (not LILO) as the bootloader. I can now access the /mnt/ folder with konqueror when i boot with grub but not lilo. LILO still buggers itand the system freezes when i go into the /mnt/ folder with knoquerer. NO idea why, maybe someting is wrong with the appends in my lilo.conf.
BTW, i'm using a custom/reconfigured kernel that's been patched with the latest (october2003) acpi patch so it will run on my compaq presario 3000 laptop. Maybe that has someting to do with it .
I always thought it had something to do with the non-existing floppy on my system, witch it tried to auto-mount...

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93
Dell Poweredge R620 10x 2.5" bay with 256GB (16x16gb) DDR3, 2x E5-2690v2, H710
$349.99
Dell Poweredge R810 4x Xeon X7560 2.26ghz 32-Cores | 256GB | 3x Trays | H700
$289.99
Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99
Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99
Dell Poweredge C4130 2x LGA2011-3 1U 4x GPU Rackmount Server CTO (NO CPU/NO RAM)
$299.95
Dell EMC VxRail E560F 10-SFF 2*Gold 6230R 2.1GHz No RAM HBA330 iDrac Ent Server
$349.99