-
Knoppix crashing on my PC
I am finding that I need to run fsck manually almost everyday after I find Knoppix in an undesirable state on my PC.
Looking for pointers to diagnose what the problem is.
Thx,
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: Knoppix crashing on my PC
--You'll have to be a lot more specific than that...
o Are you installed to HD?
o Are you running GUI?
o What programs are left running?
o Are you coming back to a screensaver, and the system apparently won't come back up?
o What kind of graphics card & monitor do you have?
o Define "undesirable"
--Are you using a journalling filesystem like reiserfs or ext3?

Originally Posted by
ramu_i
I am finding that I need to run fsck manually almost everyday after I find Knoppix in an undesirable state on my PC.
Looking for pointers to diagnose what the problem is.
Thx,
Similar Threads
-
By JakReloaded in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-16-2005, 10:21 AM
-
By Kowood in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-09-2005, 11:15 PM
-
By Cybermagellan in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 5
Last Post: 03-17-2005, 06:30 AM
-
By downdogWoof in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-09-2004, 02:46 PM
-
By punk000 in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 08-29-2003, 10:50 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Apple II Avant-Garde Creations Super Shape Draw And Animate 1981
$295.00

Inside Macintosh Promotional Edition Vintage Apple Developer Book 1985
$32.00

Rare Vintage Macintosh Apple Wooden Disk Storage Box Dovetailed
$69.95

LARGE LOT Vintage Apple Macintosh Mouse Cables Accessories SCSI etc - UNTESTED
$80.00

Lot of 5 4" Original Vintage Apple Computer Stickers 1980's style lower case
$44.99

Retro Vintage Apple M0110A Compact Wired Mechanical keyboard for Macintosh Plus
$64.95

Vintage cross Apple computer branded pen rainbow logo In original box
$100.00

Vintage Apple Macintosh 128K 512K Carrying Case Rainbow Logo Excellent Cond
$140.00

Vintage Apple Monitor IIc 9" Green Monochrome 06/1985 A2M4090 October 1984 Stand
$275.00

Macintosh Pascal Lowell Carmony Robert Holliday Vintage 1985 Apple Mac Tech Book
$25.00