-
Tweeking
Hi All,
as an experienced windows user/installer(installer,installer,installer.....) I can find out what programs are running and whether I need then or not quite easily. Being new to the Linux world I would like to have the same sort of information.
The reason is that I have a Win98/Knoppix (hdinstalled) system but under Linux things are just a little bit slower, (although there is a 'solid feel' about the system), how can I find out what programs are running and is there a list anyware of what they all do and how to stop the ones that I do not require. I think that I need to get back to a Linux system that is equivalent to Win98 for comparison and then ass the services that are important to me.
My system basically is used for word processing, surfing and playing music so I am not after anything flash, just a basic solid machine.
If anybody can point me to the appropriate resource it would be much appreciated.
Shaun
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

INTEL XEON E5-2680V4 SR2N7 2.40GHZ CPU
$11.00

Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS
$239.99

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA
$350.48

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$179.98

Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS
$84.49

DELL Precision 5820 Workstation Xeon W-2123 3.6ghz/NO RAM/NO SSD/P400 Vid
$139.99

Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Gold 6130 2.10GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA
$374.48

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00

DELL Precision T3420 | Xeon 1240v6 | 525GB SSD |16GB RAM |Nvidia GPU |Win11
$149.00