-
Senior Member
registered user
kde is somewhat a problem in debian as well as knoppix, but knoppix is more complicated since it uses stable, testing, and unstable packages. If you run into apt-get problems with knoppix try this apt-get command option:
apt-get -t unstable install package-name
the -t option forces apt-get to only use that one repository in this case unstable
allways do apt-get -s upgrade and apt-get -s dist-upgrade and simulate the upgrades and see what exacly will be done I usually pipe those commands to less so I can scroll through the listing. Apt-get upgrade will upgrade packages but not systgem dependencies like libraries etc. dist-upgrade upgrades everything. I just upgraded my kde 3.1.1 systems to kde 3.1.3 a couple of days ago, if I did a dist-upgrade a bunch of packages would have been removed, so I upgraded kde by itself by doing an apt-get install kdebase (or kdebase-bin) everything was OK here, but then I installed kdemultimedia and kde graphics and I ran into a problem, a file in kdemultimedia is in two packages so dpkg errors out. So I change directory to /var/cache/apt/archives and then use the following command:
dpkg -i --force overwrite kdemultimedia-kio-plugins_4%3a3.1.3-0woody1_i386.deb
dpkg had given me an error trying to install kdemultimedia-kio-plugins because a file was in it as well as kioslave.
Note: you have to use the full name with dpkg, I usually use dpkg from an xterminal so I can use my mouse to cut and paste.
HTH on a couple of your apt-get issues.
~rock
Similar Threads
-
By Nikolay in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-07-2005, 05:19 PM
-
By ichi in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-17-2004, 11:58 PM
-
By tycapel7 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-25-2004, 07:42 AM
-
By Liquidant in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-20-2004, 07:28 PM
-
By jshah329 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-18-2004, 12:43 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2
$81.99

Lot of 5 Samsung PM9B1 256GB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 x4 NVMe SSD MZVL4256HBJD SSD
$200.00

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$60.00

Samsung One Connect Docking Station SOC8002B Black w/ Cable & Power Cord
$400.00

RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4
$93.99

RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro
$81.99

Cell Phone Smartphone Computer repair banner poster sign iphone Samsung
$89.99

RAM-GDS-DOCK-SAM88CPU RAM GDS® Tough-Dock™ for Samsung Tab A9+
$174.99

NEW Samsung NoteBook NT930QCG touch LCD Full Screen Assembly Blue
$225.77

New Samsung 512GB FIT Plus USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A Flash Drive MUF-512AB/AM NEW
$120.00