-
[DISTRO] New distro Knoppix-Gentoo based (Gulp!)
Hi all. This is my first post on this forum.
I want to do a GentooBased Live CD distribution (Gulp!), but I need some Knoppix Help.
I builded a generic 2.6.3 kernel with hotplugging, but i have some problems.
When i boot the sistem with this kernel the hotplugging dodn't load my realtek net modules (that is in the kernel). This kernel alredy load about 40 modules of sound cards!!!! It is very strange. All works, but 40 modules are too much!
My question is: Does knoppix use a special program/script to filter hotplugging? I know that knoppix use a 2.4.x kernel without hotplugging inside, but I want to know what is, for example, the green bar that it show when i boot from a knoppix CD.
Thank you for all, I want this distro the best!
Similar Threads
-
By gummimann in forum Other Live CDs
Replies: 12
Last Post: 03-30-2005, 06:19 PM
-
By bongski55 in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 10-28-2004, 09:41 AM
-
By aay in forum The Lounge
Replies: 35
Last Post: 05-04-2004, 12:59 AM
-
By jfsebastian in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-02-2004, 06:40 PM
-
By dbojan in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-04-2003, 10:17 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$39.99

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play
$31.99

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99

TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern
$15.25

Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts
$69.00

Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch
$46.99

TP-Link TL-SX105 10GB 5-Port Switch - Unopened
$195.00

NETGEAR 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (Gs305) - Desktop Quiet Fanless
$25.99