I think maybe you left out one of the command-line switches. I've done it too. You should get an error "does not comply with iso9660" or something, then you know it is working rightOriginally Posted by Gandalf_Grey_
OK I am trying to make my own knoppix CD, I followed the wiki tutorial for how to remaster it to the letter, but first of all when I copy the source from the CD, it gives me all these errors about symbolic links and stuff, I jsut ignore them because Stuff gets copied anyways.
When I go to chroot the knoppix source directory, It gives me an error
"chroot:/bin/bash: No such file or directory"
I have checked and both in my knoppix source directory and my knoppix directory bash exists so I am quite confused.
Any help would be appreciated
I think maybe you left out one of the command-line switches. I've done it too. You should get an error "does not comply with iso9660" or something, then you know it is working rightOriginally Posted by Gandalf_Grey_
What do you mean with command line switches?
A command line switch (also known as a flag switch) is an extra modifier to be given to the command you are running.Originally Posted by kevinonknoppix
Example: mount -t vfat /dev/hdb1 /cdrive -o ro
Okay, in the example I used two switches, -t and -o. In this case -t means 'filesystem Type' and it's followed by the filesystem I am mounting. The '-o' stands for option and I am requesting that the filesystem be mounted 'read only'.
try using the man pages to learn more about a given command.
example: man mount (to get the manual pages for mount).
Good luck!
After making the mistake myself, I learned that /bin/bash must exsist in the directory you're chrooting into. It doesn't matter if it exsists in your regular directory. So, check to make sure /bin/bash is present in the directory your chrooting into......
Did you use cp -pR to copy the KNOPPIX source?Originally Posted by Gandalf_Grey_

Vintage Atari 1050 Disk Drive w/ SIO Cable & 32 Games/Programs - UNTESTED
$67.76
Atari 400 / 800 Computer Memory Module 16K RAM PCB CX853 - Works Perfectly
$18.95
Atari 400 Home Computer System includes Power Cord G2U
$159.99
Vintage 1984: Super Sketch G2300 For Atari Home Computer
$72.00
Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99
Atari 1200 XL home computer with original owners guide and power supply power on
$255.00
Atari 400 800 The Communicator II Kit CIB CX488 Modem Cartridge Box
$80.00
Retro ATARI 800 Computer w/ATARI 410, INDUS G.T., 41x Floppy programs + Cover
$1000.00
VTG Atari 600XL Home Computer System in Box ** Powers On ** Clean * Tested Works
$148.75
GreaseWeazle v4 board USB floppy drive adapter Retro All Formats
$35.00