Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Bootfloppy with intergrated parameter

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    3

    Bootfloppy with intergrated parameter

    Hi,

    I have a problem to connet the internet with my ADSL modem.
    I finally found out what the cause was. I have to type the line "KNOPPIX NOAPIC" when booting from de CD.
    But I only type the line when I am using a PS/2 keyboard. With a usb keyboard is this impossible.
    I like to work with my usb keyboard. So, the solution may be to boot up with a floppy where the line is intergrated.
    Is ther anyone who can tell me which file in the bootfloppy have to take and how to put the line into that file. Please with exsample. I am not an experienced user.
    Thanks.

  2. #2
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441

    Re: Bootfloppy with intergrated parameter

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Lee
    I like to work with my usb keyboard. So, the solution may be to boot up with a floppy where the line is intergrated.
    Don't you have to type something to use a bootfloppy? I would like the ability to use a boot floppy, or a boot UBS flash drive, or even a file or partition on the hard drive, but if you have to type knoppix floppyconfig or knoppix myconf=/dev/sda1 or even knoppix myconf=scan from the keyboard first it pretty much defeats what you want to be able to do. I personally wish the knoppix myconf=scan was a default behaviour rather than something that had to be typed in.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    3
    Yes, I still have to type "KNOPPIX NOAPIC" when I boot up with the floppy. But I can only do that with a PS/2 keyboard! I can't type anything during the boot up with a USB keybord! That why I want to know how and where I have to put the parameter in the bootfloppy; then I can use the USB keyboard without putting any parameter during the boot up.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-04-2005, 08:51 AM
  2. Making a bootfloppy??
    By Werie in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-24-2005, 10:35 PM
  3. Intergrated sound on Asus A7V8X doesn't work.
    By reub2000 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-25-2003, 09:18 PM
  4. How to create a bootfloppy once Knoppix is installed on HD
    By bobke in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-16-2003, 06:52 AM
  5. Point floppyconfig parameter to USB?
    By brian03 in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-13-2003, 07:52 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch picture

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch

$19.99



TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed picture

TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed

$199.99



Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch picture

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch

$129.99



NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch picture

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch

$49.99



10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W picture

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W

$39.99



TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597 picture

TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597

$36.98



5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S... picture

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...

$9.64



Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts picture

Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts

$69.00



Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch picture

Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch

$46.99



Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks picture

Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks

$224.95