-
Grub question
I managed to install Knoppix 3.2 on my harddrive partitions hda6 (Linux ext3) and hda7 (Linux swap). I already have a Red Hat 8 on the hda1, hda2 and hda3 partitions, including the Grub boot manager.
How can I configure Grub to see the bootable Knoppix partition hda6? Is it just a matter of putting the correct entries into the 'grub.conf' file? If so, which ones? When I boot from CD, I normally use the following entries:
knoppix lang=us noapic 2
-
Senior Member
registered user
/boot/grub/menu.lst on your RH 8 root(assuming that is where you got the GRUB). I am not familar with RH so it may use a different file name for the menu entry.
Similar Threads
-
By tenlientl in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-02-2005, 08:23 PM
-
By wslkevin in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 13
Last Post: 09-21-2004, 05:31 AM
-
By mark1221 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-01-2003, 10:32 PM
-
By iamanewbie in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 5
Last Post: 11-01-2003, 11:49 AM
-
By iamanewbie in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 5
Last Post: 10-24-2003, 12:59 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

INTEL XEON E5-2680V4 SR2N7 2.40GHZ CPU
$11.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS
$239.99

Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA
$350.48

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$179.98

Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS
$84.49

Intel Xeon E5-2690 v4 SR2N2 14 Core 2.6GHz 35MB LGA2011-3 CPU *km
$15.99

Intel Xeon E5-2699 v3 18 Core 2.3 GHz 45MB SR1XD LGA 2011-3 B Grade
$15.95

DELL Precision T3420 | Xeon 1240v6 | 525GB SSD |16GB RAM |Nvidia GPU |Win11
$149.00

Dell Precision T5820 950W Workstation 4.00GHz W-2125 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$144.98