Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Video or RAM conflicts?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    4

    Video or RAM conflicts?

    I just purchased a PC and am in the process of loading Koppnix. The PC boots fine and gives no errors until after the loading screen. The loading screen I'm referring to is the screen with the penguin at the top and all the different colored writing. After this point the software tells me to wait a few seconds for the display to get setup. I waited 15 minutes. I turned the screen brightness all the way up and the screen is scrambled, almost like the static on a TV screen when you can't get good reception. This is an IBM PC with 64M of RAM and a Compaq monitor. The video card on this PC is built into the motherboard. I have attached a picture of the screen, when the unit gives me the problem I stated. The picture can be found at the following URL. Any help would be appreciated
    http://www.geocities.com/tektipz2003/pictures.html

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Buenos Aires
    Posts
    5

    Re: Video or RAM conflicts?

    Quote Originally Posted by Stonemug
    I just purchased a PC and am in the process of loading Koppnix. The PC boots fine and gives no errors until after the loading screen. The loading screen I'm referring to is the screen with the penguin at the top and all the different colored writing. After this point the software tells me to wait a few seconds for the display to get setup. I waited 15 minutes. I turned the screen brightness all the way up and the screen is scrambled, almost like the static on a TV screen when you can't get good reception. This is an IBM PC with 64M of RAM and a Compaq monitor. The video card on this PC is built into the motherboard. I have attached a picture of the screen, when the unit gives me the problem I stated. The picture can be found at the following URL. Any help would be appreciated
    http://www.geocities.com/tektipz2003/pictures.html
    I have the same problem. See "Initialization Error" in this same Forum.

    Gustaw

Similar Threads

  1. Video Bug
    By CrashedAgain in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-29-2004, 03:50 PM
  2. DVD Video
    By Matir in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-25-2004, 11:23 PM
  3. GAIM Conflicts with Sound?
    By furryfren in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-01-2004, 11:46 PM
  4. Problem resolving package conflicts
    By beforewisdom in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-05-2004, 04:54 AM
  5. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-05-2003, 06:02 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A

$64.00



DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5

DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600

$49.95



HDD 3.5

HDD 3.5" SATA Hard Drive with Windows 10/Win 11 64x Installed Legacy

$35.00



HUS726060ALA640 HGST Ultrastar  6TB SATA 6Gbps 7.2K 3.5

HUS726060ALA640 HGST Ultrastar 6TB SATA 6Gbps 7.2K 3.5" Hard Drive OF21860

$129.99



Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE picture

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE

$68.99



Seagate ST3000NM0005 HDD 3TB SATA 6Gb/s 7.2K 3.5

Seagate ST3000NM0005 HDD 3TB SATA 6Gb/s 7.2K 3.5" 512 b/s

$59.00



HGST HUS724040ALA640 4TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.5

HGST HUS724040ALA640 4TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.5" Internal Desktop Drive 100% Health

$78.00



Toshiba MG03ACA400 4TB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5

Toshiba MG03ACA400 4TB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Enterprise HDD (V6313)

$69.95



Seagate ST8000NM0075 Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD 8TB SAS Hard Drive 8TB EXOS picture

Seagate ST8000NM0075 Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD 8TB SAS Hard Drive 8TB EXOS

$184.99



Western Digital 1TB 3.5

Western Digital 1TB 3.5" SATA III 7200RPM Desktop Hard Drive

$34.99