-
Junior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
AvidLinuxUser
Do you really think someone is going to want to start from 33 Megs and have to instal there other software by hand?
To be honest yes.
There are a couple of reasons why I like model-K as a base for installing HDDs:
- Knoppix has a bunch of stuff I don't care for, which proably add
around 600 MB to the ISO size (which already takes an age and a half to D/L). - Knoppix is missing a bunch of stuff I actually want (KDE 3.1)
- The Knoppix install scripts are without a doubt one of the easiest installs
of Debian (or any distro), I've had the pleasure to use... Model-k is
compatiable when I add on a floppy's worth of stuff. - It's nicer to do `cat mysystempackages.txt |dpkg --set-selections` on a
system with very few packages installed, there is much less chance of
having conflicts (-> less of my time to resolve dependancys). - model-K fits on one of my sexy 75MB mini-CDs.

The new 0.6 version of Model-k (>21 Megs) has even riped out the knx-hddinstall, but it will have an editor and wget via busybox.
Actually you ripped out knx-install and dialog already in 0.5.2, I added them back on off of my floppy.
I'm glad the system will be getting wget, I hope to use that to get rid of the floppy... curl would have been a tiny bit easier cuz it out puts to standard out I could go >`curl http://myserver.com/myinstall.txt`, but wget will work ok too...
Do you know if busybox's wget supports proxies?
-G
Similar Threads
-
By briansz in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 09-06-2003, 01:27 PM
-
By SolKarma in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-03-2003, 02:36 PM
-
By gizmu in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-20-2003, 12:04 AM
-
By Kikko in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-23-2003, 12:38 PM
-
By AvidLinuxUser in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-17-2003, 09:58 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2
$81.99

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$60.00

New Samsung 512GB FIT Plus USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A Flash Drive MUF-512AB/AM NEW
$120.00

NEW Samsung NoteBook NT930QCG touch LCD Full Screen Assembly Blue
$225.77

RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4
$93.99

RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro
$81.99

Cell Phone Smartphone Computer repair banner poster sign iphone Samsung
$89.99

RAM-GDS-DOCK-SAM88CPU RAM GDS® Tough-Dock™ for Samsung Tab A9+
$174.99

Samsung 24" S3 Essential IPS 100Hz Monitor | Sealed | Fast shipping
$50.00

QTY 100 Samsung Galaxy Tab Active 4 Pro 10.1” Case, Black
$500.00