-
Junior Member
registered user
Needs a text editor and a www or ftp "file-puller"
I like that model-K is so small...
I actually tried to use it for an knoppix hdd install today, but found it was missing some stuff that made things a bit inconvient. Namely, it lacks any text editor or any type of file-pulling-client...
I found that to do my hdd-install I needed to put curl (like wget on 'roids), nano-tiny (small statically linked text editor), dialog (knx-hddinstall script uses this to ask questions), and the knx-hddinstall scripts on a floppy, mount unzip, edit path, and then run... a bit long, but I eventually got it.
If Model-K had curl or wget or links, I could pull down a script to pull that stuff off the web and do an install...
Similar Threads
-
By briansz in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 09-06-2003, 01:27 PM
-
By SolKarma in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-03-2003, 02:36 PM
-
By gizmu in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-20-2003, 12:04 AM
-
By Kikko in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-23-2003, 12:38 PM
-
By AvidLinuxUser in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-17-2003, 09:58 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99

GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5
$189.99

ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield
$84.99

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99

Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)
$29.90

ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio
$34.99

ASUS PRIME Z370-A II LGA 1151 Intel Z370 DDR4 DIMM USB3.1 DVI ATX RGB
$69.99

Dell XPS 8940 Desktop Motherboard Intel H470 LGA1200 DDR4 K3CM7 KV3RP 427JK
$154.99

B85M-G Motherboard Intel Core i7-4770 CPU LGA1150 mATX 4 DIMM IO Shield
$75.96