Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: S3 ProSavageDDR

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    6

    S3 ProSavageDDR

    I have a spare motherboard with an intergrated S3 ProSavageDDR (420). Now I haven't tested it yet or anything, but on the S3 website they don't have linux drivers for it (which is strange as they have linux drivers for their older cards).

    Now I'll be surprised if I get any drivers here, but anyway can someone please help? Or at least tell me if the card should be autodetected, and how (as in "standard" or with 3D graphics)?

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    84
    I also use an intergrated S3 Savage. Knoppix autodetects it fine but uses the vese driver. Vese is standard no 3D acceleration. I changed the driver from vese to S3 but I still don't get much performance out of it. Even with a 1.5Ghz 3D games like Tuxracer are hopelessly slow.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage S-100 California Computer Systems cards Z80 cpu + ADS  PromBlaster picture

Vintage S-100 California Computer Systems cards Z80 cpu + ADS PromBlaster

$895.00



Vintage Computer - PC Innovation Intel 486DX2 - Dos Ver 6.2 Windows 3.1 picture

Vintage Computer - PC Innovation Intel 486DX2 - Dos Ver 6.2 Windows 3.1

$250.00



Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used picture

Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used

$55.99



🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2113A 21MX 1000 E-SERIES MINICOMPUTER CHASSIS BACKPLANE picture

🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2113A 21MX 1000 E-SERIES MINICOMPUTER CHASSIS BACKPLANE

$249.00



Vintage Computer Sun Ultra 1 UltraSpark Driven - Mystery condition as-is Parts picture

Vintage Computer Sun Ultra 1 UltraSpark Driven - Mystery condition as-is Parts

$49.78



Vintage Apple IIgs 3.5” & 5.25” Floppy Disk Drives A9M0106 A9M0107 Untested picture

Vintage Apple IIgs 3.5” & 5.25” Floppy Disk Drives A9M0106 A9M0107 Untested

$115.00



Vintage Coach Signature Embossed Leather Tobacco Tablet E-Reader Case 8” picture

Vintage Coach Signature Embossed Leather Tobacco Tablet E-Reader Case 8”

$79.99



Vintage 1983-87 Macintosh System Tools 3.5 Floppy Disk Version 2.0.1 690-6023-B picture

Vintage 1983-87 Macintosh System Tools 3.5 Floppy Disk Version 2.0.1 690-6023-B

$38.00



🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2112A 21MX M-SERIES 16-BIT MINICOMPUTER HP picture

🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2112A 21MX M-SERIES 16-BIT MINICOMPUTER HP

$299.99



Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New picture

Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New

$75.00