Knoppix's knx-hdinstall reverts knoppix in the UNSTABLE brach of debian.

With all the (demo) software but no knoppix add-ons. So here is your options (as I see it).

1) Find a mini-Knoppix with hdinstall and install from that.
2) Edit the knx-install script to only copy what you want. (No very practical)
3) Only the dbootstrap program on the CD (This is from Debian)

If you choose Option 3 this is what I would do:
I) do dpkg -l as root to get a list of all the software. (This is also available at the offical site at www.knoppix.org
II) run the dbootstrap script as root
(It might be a good idea to copy the /boot & /lib/modules dir from the CD to your HD
this will give you at least the knoppix Linux kernel and modules)
III) reboot to the harddrive with out the CD
IV) apt-get update && apt-get install (all the software you want from your list in step 1)
V) if you add deb http://www.modularity.org/knoppix ./ to your /etc/sources.list you can even apt-get most of the knoppix stuff.

[/code]