Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: KVM Causes Mouse to disappear

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    1

    KVM Causes Mouse to disappear

    Booted up the latest Knoppix CD and it looks great! One problem is that I am booting this on a machine that shares a keyboard monitor and mouse with my main work machine.

    If I use the KVM to switch to my main machine, the mouse doesn't work when I get back. The keyboard works fine, is there any keyboard shortcut I can use to re-probe the mouse or anything? Thanks!

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Posts
    24

    How do you switch?

    I am using a linksys (I think) KVM at home (at work now and I thought I was having the same problem. My KVM switched by pressing scroll lock twice. After some fooling around I realized that when it seemed like it was frozed I often neede to press the scroll lock button one more time. Also I've noted that booting linux while switched to the other system == bad, so I always have to sit an watch linux boot (windows doesn't seem to have this problem), hope it helps you

    -Kaplanfx

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    11
    Are you using a wheelmouse I had a similar problem with a wheelmouse and I fixed it by using the cheatcode at boot "knoppix nowheelmouse" when I switch back to the knoppix machine it takes a few seconds to become active but after that it is fine.

    This may or may not work as different hardware have slight variations on standards so you may need to try a different brand/model mouse and see if that fixes the problem.

    Regards
    Pete

Similar Threads

  1. Can't find the Knoppix filesystem error never disappear
    By demonstrate in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-17-2005, 10:08 PM
  2. Mouse in 2.4?
    By Stealth870 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-10-2004, 12:18 AM
  3. Mouse
    By xdentan in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-23-2004, 01:50 AM
  4. Mouse
    By PhR057Y in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-11-2004, 11:27 PM
  5. how to make my Mouse Systems mouse work with knoppix?
    By clfest in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-30-2003, 01:59 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel  Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD picture

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD

$1599.99



IBM 7915 AC1 M4 E27R704 Server Intel 2650V2 32GB RAM NO HDD w/ 2x 750w PSU picture

IBM 7915 AC1 M4 E27R704 Server Intel 2650V2 32GB RAM NO HDD w/ 2x 750w PSU

$225.00



Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For  RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series picture

Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series

$375.00



IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM

$179.99



IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU picture

IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU

$999.99



IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES picture

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES

$110.30



IBM System x3550 M3 1U Server 2x Xeon E5645, 192GB RAM, 2x 300GB HDD (7944-AC1) picture

IBM System x3550 M3 1U Server 2x Xeon E5645, 192GB RAM, 2x 300GB HDD (7944-AC1)

$150.00



1 X IBM 720 POWER SERVER WITH 32 GB RAM picture

1 X IBM 720 POWER SERVER WITH 32 GB RAM

$344.97



IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon  E5620 picture

IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620

$199.99



IBM EMC 091-000-091 17 Inch Rackmount LCD Keyboard KVM Console 03N7012 picture

IBM EMC 091-000-091 17 Inch Rackmount LCD Keyboard KVM Console 03N7012

$109.99