Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: S3 ProSavageDDR

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    6

    S3 ProSavageDDR

    I have a spare motherboard with an intergrated S3 ProSavageDDR (420). Now I haven't tested it yet or anything, but on the S3 website they don't have linux drivers for it (which is strange as they have linux drivers for their older cards).

    Now I'll be surprised if I get any drivers here, but anyway can someone please help? Or at least tell me if the card should be autodetected, and how (as in "standard" or with 3D graphics)?

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    84
    I also use an intergrated S3 Savage. Knoppix autodetects it fine but uses the vese driver. Vese is standard no 3D acceleration. I changed the driver from vese to S3 but I still don't get much performance out of it. Even with a 1.5Ghz 3D games like Tuxracer are hopelessly slow.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX picture

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX

$59.99



Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery picture

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery

$54.99



ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield picture

ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield

$84.99



GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5 picture

GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5

$189.99



GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard picture

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard

$59.99



⁠Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)⁠ picture

⁠Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)⁠

$29.90



ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio picture

ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio

$34.99



ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS WIFI II AM4 AMD B550 ATX AMD Motherboard picture

ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS WIFI II AM4 AMD B550 ATX AMD Motherboard

$90.99



ASUS ROG STRIX X870E-E GAMING WIFI picture

ASUS ROG STRIX X870E-E GAMING WIFI

$289.99



ASUS B85M-G / B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI Support 4thCPU picture

ASUS B85M-G / B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI Support 4thCPU

$45.00