Are you referring to the JVM or the JDK?
Regards,
Hi,
Can anyone tell me the path to Java executable for the
Konqueror 3.1.0 program?
Thanks.
Jorge
Are you referring to the JVM or the JDK?
Regards,
Hi,
Well, both JVM and JDK. This way I can try which one works
best with the Konquerer
Thanks.
Jorge
Originally Posted by A. Jorge Garcia
Maybe what I should have asked is what do you want to do with java. Also, what does this have to do with Knoqueror.
If you're looking for the java jvm plugin, its already there for Konqueror. If you need to write programs with the jdk, use gcj.
Regards,
Hi,
I just want to write the Java's path on the Java & JavaScript
location in the Konqueror's setup if you know where it is.
Otherwise thanks for the small chit-chat.
Jorge
Originally Posted by A. Jorge Garcia
Try whereis java it will return a list of path's more than likely it is in /usr/bin like everything else if it shows a couple of executables which java to see which one is in use.
Well there's the gcj java compiler which is part of the GCC collection (GNU port of several compilers including SUN's Java SDK). ALso, there's Blackdown Java which is a GNU port of SUN's JVM.
Regards,
A. Jorge Garcia
[email protected]
http://calcpage.tripod.com
http://www.geocities.com/calcpage2000/pub
PS: I don't know why the forum isn't printing sig files. I had to cut and paste this one from my profile....
The 'java' jre lives under /usr/bin, thus on the default path. No need to explicitly set it.Originally Posted by JAlvoeiro
Applets work both with konqueror and mozilla (currently Blackdown-1.4.1-01is bundled).
Well, I suppose by JVM I meant JRE (which includes the JVM). And that's what I said before, Konqueror is already JVM enabled.Originally Posted by baldyeti
Regards,
Hi,
Thanks for the tip. In fact I was using the find command rather
than whereis which the right one for this situation.
Thanks again.
Jorge
Originally Posted by A. Jorge Garcia

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray
$39.99
Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00
Seagate BarraCuda 28TB 7.2K SATA 6Gb/s 3.5in Internal HDD ST28000DM000 - Tested
$670.00
Seagate ST12000NM0127 12TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive
$318.99
Seagate ST4000NM0034 Enterprise 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s HDD v4
$39.00
Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive
$14.99
HGST HUS724040ALA640 HDD 4TB SATA 6Gb/s 7.5K 3.5" 0F19459 512 b/s
$78.00
Toshiba 14TB MG07 MG07ACA14TEY 7.2K RPM SATA 6Gb/s 512e 3.5" Enterprise HDD
$329.00
Seagate ST8000NM0075 Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD 8TB SAS Hard Drive 8TB EXOS
$184.99
DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600
$49.95