Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: XFCE4 and changing GTK Font

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Oklahoma City
    Posts
    4

    XFCE4 and changing GTK Font

    I am remastering Knoppix and using XFCE4 rather than KDE. The text throughout the environment is very large and when I change themes via the UI preferences in the Settings Manager for XFCE4 don't change certain things, such as the scroll bar or the font. If I select a font there on my own, it doesn't change the system appearance. I use XFCE4 on other distributions and this changes the font instantly. I have also installed the gnome-control-center and tried that to no avail. This isn't critical, but the fonts are all huge and rather unattractive. I figured that there is some funky Debian thing causing this sort of like their menu system.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Oklahoma City
    Posts
    4
    I have Mozilla Firebird installed and it is using the fonts I have defined with the User Interface config from the XFCE Setting Manager, but the GTK apps such as gnome-terminal are not using the GTK settings. Something is getting in the way of this. If I could find where these settings are, so I could change them, I would. Anyone have any ideas?

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Esquipulas, Oax. México
    Posts
    19

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Oklahoma City
    Posts
    4
    I have an Xft and GTK2 enabled build of Firebird, so it is getting my GTK2 settings. XFCE4 is where my problem lies. Something is getting in the way of the setting the XFCE4 config manager is setting as well as the gconf settings. I know the gnome stuff might not apply, but XFCE does use the gtk settings...at least it should. Another thing is I had been using the debian unstable release of XFCE4 and thought it could be something to do with that and then I built my own from source and the fonts are the same.

Similar Threads

  1. XFCE4
    By Crusader in forum Ideas
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-16-2005, 10:50 PM
  2. How to Rox with Xfce4
    By shah in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-21-2004, 03:35 AM
  3. XFCE4.2 ROX LIVE
    By mzilikazi in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-22-2004, 06:28 PM
  4. Changing the printer's generic font...?
    By basicman in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-05-2004, 05:55 PM
  5. How about XFCE4?
    By sb73542 in forum Ideas
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-11-2003, 06:15 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Kingston 16GB DDR4 3200MHz PC4-3200AA-SA2-12 Laptop RAM SODIMM (HP32D4S2S8ME-16) picture

Kingston 16GB DDR4 3200MHz PC4-3200AA-SA2-12 Laptop RAM SODIMM (HP32D4S2S8ME-16)

$64.99



SK Hynix 8GB 1Rx8 PC4-2400T (HMA81GU6AFR8N-UH) DDR4 Desktop ram picture

SK Hynix 8GB 1Rx8 PC4-2400T (HMA81GU6AFR8N-UH) DDR4 Desktop ram

$25.99



16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR4 Gamer Desktop RAM PC4 MIXED BRANDS picture

16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR4 Gamer Desktop RAM PC4 MIXED BRANDS

$65.00



Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit picture

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit

$99.99



[ BULK LOT OF 10 ] UNITS of 8GB DDR4 Laptop RAM SAMSUNG, HYNIX etc. picture

[ BULK LOT OF 10 ] UNITS of 8GB DDR4 Laptop RAM SAMSUNG, HYNIX etc.

$299.99



RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED picture

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED

$445.00



A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G picture

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G

$21.68



MINT Micron Cisco 32GB PC4-2400T DDR4 2Rx4 RDIMM RAM MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G3 LOT picture

MINT Micron Cisco 32GB PC4-2400T DDR4 2Rx4 RDIMM RAM MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G3 LOT

$155.19



CPU-RAM-MOBO COMBO-  32gb DDR4 3600MHz, i5 CPU, Asus Prime Motherboard picture

CPU-RAM-MOBO COMBO- 32gb DDR4 3600MHz, i5 CPU, Asus Prime Motherboard

$370.00



SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory picture

SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory

$159.98