Okay. I am a TOTAL n00b. I want to make a copy of Knoppix, and I want to add some software to it. How would I do it?
I'm sorry I am a huge n00b![]()
hey thanx!Originally Posted by IllegalOperation
okay, if i were to add some programs to the .iso, would I just load it into Knoppix when it is on my HDD, and then .iso the whole thing?
A very quick overview, when booted up to Knoppix you would make your hard drive writeable, mount it and copy your /KNOPPIX directory there. Then you would chroot into the copied KNOPPIX directory, mount proc, and make your changes there (edits, add and remove programs). Once done, you would umount proc, then make a compressed file system out of it. After that, you would make a bootable ISO out of it and write it back to a CD.

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$174.99
AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 8700GE 8-Core/16-Thread Up to 5.1GHz AM5 (FL1)
$175.00
Apple Mac Pro Model A1481 Computer 8core Intel Xeon E5 64 GB Storage 500 G2U
$189.99
Intel Core i9-9900K 8-Core 3.60GHz LGA1151 CPU Processor SRG19
$144.99
Dell - XPS 13.4" 3K Touchscreen Laptop - Intel Core 5 Series 3 320 2026 - 8GB...
$599.99
AMD Ryzen 7 9850X3D 8-Core 16-Thread 5.6GHz 120W AM5 CPU 100-100001973WOF
$435.99
AMD Ryzen Threadripper PRO 3945WX 12-Core 4.0GHz sWRX8 CPU NEW Tray Unlocked
$69.99
AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 Zen 5 Desktop Processor NEW
$398.00
Dell Optiplex 7070 SFF i7-9700 8-Core 3.0GHz 16B Ram NO HDD NO OS
$199.99
Dell OptiPlex 3080 MT Intel Core i5-10500 3.10 GHz 8 GB DDR4 Desktop No HDD
$129.99