Hi
every time I click in konsole I get "unable to open a suitable terminal device"
any help ?
Hi
every time I click in konsole I get "unable to open a suitable terminal device"
any help ?
What happens if you launch Konsole as root? What happens if you open another term (rxvt for example) and enter konsole into that terminal?
I have posted this problem earlier. When I bootfloppy from a remasterd CD there will be no
1. sound in /dev
2. ppp in /dev
3. pseudoterminals in /dev.
I wrote a script that I execute that fixes this.
You want to do at least the first 4 lines and then you will hear the lady again and you can use xterm.
Hugo.
Here:
#!/bin/bash
# sound stuff
alsa_snddevices
# pseeudo terminals
cd /dev
su -c 'MAKEDEV -v pty'
# ppp
su -c 'mknod /dev/ppp c 108 0'
# X configuration
su -c 'rm -f /etc/X11/XF86Config-4'
XFree86 -configure
mv /XF86Config.new /etc/X11/XF86Config-4
# gpm
su -c 'cp -a /cdrom/KNOPPIX/etc/gpm.conf /etc/gpm.conf'
/etc/init.d/gpm start
# gtk stuff for mozilla
su -c 'mkdir /home/root'
su -c 'cp -a /cdrom/KNOPPIX/home/root/.gtkrc /home/root/.gtkrc'
su -c 'cp -a /cdrom/KNOPPIX/home/root/.gtkrc /.gtkrc'
# kde setup
su -c 'cp -r /cdrom/KNOPPIX/root/.kde /root/.kde'
# mc setup
cd /
su -c 'cp -r --reply=yes /cdrom/KNOPPIX/.mc /'
su -c 'cp -r --reply=yes /cdrom/KNOPPIX/.mc /ramdisk/home/root'
# desktop to wmaker
su -c 'cp -a --reply=yes /cdrom/KNOPPIX/etc/sysconfig/desktop /etc/sysconfig/desktop'
# ppp provider
su -c 'cp -a --reply=yes /cdrom/KNOPPIX/etc/ppp/peers/provider /etc/ppp/peers/provider'
su -c 'rm -f /etc/chatscripts/provider'
su -c 'cp -a /cdrom/KNOPPIX/etc/chatscripts/provider /etc/chatscripts/provider'
exit
Thank you for your reply
I just recopy compreesd/dev/* to source/dev/ and its worked
Thank you again![]()

π Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12Γ Gigabit PoE+ β’ 2Γ 10G SFP+ Compact Switch β‘
$109.99
Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P
$149.99
Juniper Networks EX3400-24T 24-Port Ethernet Switch w/Power Cord
$174.99
Juniper EX3400-24P 24-Port PoE+ GbE + 4-Port 1/10Gb SFP Switch
$245.00
JUNIPER QFX5120-48Y-AFO 48x 10/25GbE SFP28 8x 40/100GbE Network Switch Dual PSU
$6998.00
Juniper MX204 +JUNOS and Dual Power Supply
$7299.99
Juniper Networks AP33-US Indoor Wifi6 (US Version) 5GHz: 4x4:4; 2.99
$24.99
Juniper Networks QFX-SFP-DAC-7MA to Brocade (Formerly) XBR-TWX-0701 Comp TAA
$196.99
Juniper Networks Mist Wireless Access Points, Model AP45
$59.99
Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port Gigabit PoE Managed Ethernet Switch
$79.99