Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Custom Floppy

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    10

    Custom Floppy

    After a couple of hours trying to figure out DVDs with knoppix (then finding that someone wrote a script the day before in a different forum...) I have another question-

    Can I make a boot floppy that will boot knoppix and include a set of command line options without remastering an entire disk?

    I usally have to boot with: knoppix wheelmouse lang=eng noapic noapm

    Ideally I should be able to include configuration scripts on the floppy as well, so that I can automatically install libdvdcss and others using a nice script

    Thanks!

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Podunk, Idaho, USA
    Posts
    470
    If you look into syslinux.cfg (I'm going from memory) you will see the appends = " ... ... ..." line, that's where the boot parameters, cheatcodes go.

    You'll have to look and see if there is a boot.sh or init.sh on the floppy for your script.

    HTH

    rock

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    106
    I don't have much hard drive space on my windows laptop, so I leave the knoppix CD in and boot it from floppy when I want to use knoppix. I wanted my cheat codes in the floppy so they would auto load. I use myconfig=scan home=scan noeject screen=800x600. The noeject keeps the CD tray from popping out when I shut down knoppix.
    So, I edited the Syslinux.cfg file on the boot floppy in a windows text editor and added my cheat codes to the default entry as so:

    DEFAULT vmlinuz
    APPEND myconfig=scan home=scan noeject screen=800x600 ramdisk_size=100000 init=/etc/init lang=us apm=power-off hda=scsi hdb=scsi hdc=scsi hdd=scsi hde=scsi hdf=scsi hdg=scsi hdh=scsi vga=791 initrd=miniroot.gz nomce quiet BOOT_IMAGE=knoppix
    TIMEOUT 50

    I changed the timeout to 50 from 300 so there would only be a 5 second delay before knoppix boots. The custom floppy works great.

Similar Threads

  1. Custom CD using blackbox instead of KDE
    By Keyser_Soze in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-24-2004, 08:54 PM
  2. Missing Files Floppy and CDrom Can't Mount Floppy or CD
    By SkyHawk in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-14-2004, 04:40 AM
  3. custom cd
    By uttara_82 in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-28-2004, 06:06 PM
  4. boot from floppy failed with Custom Kernel
    By hugo in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-01-2003, 08:53 PM
  5. Custom data on floppy querie
    By timmoore47 in forum General Support
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-21-2003, 08:52 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM picture

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM

$1625.00



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00



867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001 picture

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001

$245.00



Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM picture

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM

$699.00



Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W

$409.99



Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD

$378.93



Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO picture

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO

$308.00



2U AI MINING SERVER 2x Xeon 36 cores 2.3Ghz DDR4 2x NVIDIA V100 GPU PCIe 2PS USA picture

2U AI MINING SERVER 2x Xeon 36 cores 2.3Ghz DDR4 2x NVIDIA V100 GPU PCIe 2PS USA

$799.00



Windows Server 2025 datacenter 64bit 24 Core 50 cal DVD + PRODUCT LICENSE KEY. picture

Windows Server 2025 datacenter 64bit 24 Core 50 cal DVD + PRODUCT LICENSE KEY.

$49.99



Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD picture

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD

$149.99