If your looking for a small browser, check out dillo, its about 300k... It's on KNOPPIX... www.dillo.org[/url]
How can we install a minimal gnome ?
apt-get what?
If your looking for a small browser, check out dillo, its about 300k... It's on KNOPPIX... www.dillo.org[/url]
dillo can only be an 'initial' browser as it lacks some very key features(for today's web) like SSL and cookie. I include it in my bareX so I can do quick browsing, mostly for looking up info while I am apt-getting mozilla at the background.Originally Posted by BlckJck
apt-get gnome-core mozilla-xft mozilla-psmOriginally Posted by henrique
this combination will give you the desktop, browser, filer(Nautilus) and nothing more, not even printer management or dialer for PPP etc.
Newbie question about print support:
are there another little program like gnome-cups-manager in order to easily configure cups to include in this mini-cd with openoffice?
And what about sound ?
I have no idea. Some said a browser can be used to manage CUPS. As for sound, I just let the system load the OSS driver and it is up to the application to control it, I believe.Originally Posted by henrique
Thanks garyng,
Based on your answer I found it in google (cups configure browser)
Look at this link:
http://www.maenad.net/geek/di8k-debian/node16.html
No need to install gnome-cups-manager or kdeprintwizard, only cups and a browser !![]()

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$102.99
Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$90.00
Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive
$39.99
Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00
Western Digital PC SN740 256GB M.2 2280 NVMe Internal SSD (SDDPNQD-256G)
$32.99
Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99
2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.80
Samsung 256 GB Internal SATA SSD Fully Tested 50%-79% Health
$24.00
Samsung New SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB 1TB 500GB 250GB NVMe M2 Internal Hard Drive Lot
$79.99
Netac 120GB 256GB 1TB 2TB Internal SSD 2.5'' SATAIII 6Gb/s Solid State Drive lot
$119.99