-
Junior Member
registered user
KDE UPGRADE AND KEYBOARD SETTING IN CONSOLE
Hi.
I'm from italy. I installed Knoppix 3.2 in my hd and, in my opinion it is wonderful but...I have two important questions. I searched on google and in this forum before to write you but I din''t find a solution.
The first question is:
I simply need to upgrade kde 3.1 to kde 3.1.3 but I don't understand the correct procedure.
I read a lot of documentation (apt-howtoo) and kde.org but the result was 5 reinstallation of knoppix.
Can someone provide a step by step guide to upgrade kde? What must I add in source.list? and apt command?
Is incredible but this operation seems to be very hurd.
The second quesiton:
I'm from italy and I need to set my keyboard on console to work properly.
In kde (and kde terminal) it works correctly but, if I open a console session (outside kde) the keyboard setting isnt' correct.
When i run kbdconfig and I set the it-ibm it works correctly but, If I reboot the problem is always present.
What files I need to modify to permanently set the italian keyboard??
I apologize for this long test but...I think that at least the first question could be useful beacuse, I think that is incrediblle that a kde upgrade is so difficult and I think a lot of people could have tha same problem.
thianks
Similar Threads
-
By fingers99 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-08-2005, 12:46 AM
-
By mco in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-19-2004, 04:33 PM
-
By suoko in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-27-2003, 10:20 PM
-
By adam0ski in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-25-2003, 08:16 AM
-
By davekempe in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-14-2003, 10:11 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$316.61

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$60.00

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i7 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$349.48

Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming 15.1" WQXGA OLED 165Hz Core i9-14900HX 16GB 1TB RTX 5070
$1469.00

1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive
$86.95

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99

Dell Precision 7670 i7-12850HX 2.1GHz 32GB 1TB NVMe 16" A1000 Win 11 Pro: Good
$649.00

External Solid State Drive USB 3.2 Gen2, 1TB SSD External Hard Drive with C to A
$100.00