Hello,
I have been trying to be able to run lighter resource needing windows manager.
I can run them using a command in .xinitrc eg: "exec enlightenment"
But I can't seem to get "update-alternatives --config x-window-manager" to work.
The problem is I set what windows manager I want and I get a '*' next to it, but a '+' still remians next to 'metacity' (gnome)
"update-alternatives --config x-window-manager" output after running it before hand and selecting 8, below:
There are 11 alternatives which provide `x-window-manager'.
Selection Alternative
-----------------------------------------------
1 /usr/X11R6/bin/twm
2 /usr/bin/wmaker
3 /usr/bin/larswm
4 /usr/bin/xfwm
5 /usr/bin/startxfce
6 /usr/bin/icewm
7 /usr/bin/fluxbox
* 8 /usr/bin/enlightenment
9 /usr/bin/oroborus
+ 10 /usr/bin/metacity
11 /usr/bin/waimea
Enter to keep the default[*], or type selection number:
All help appreciated.
Balaclava BoB

Macintosh Platinum Mouse - Apple 128K 512K 512Ke Mac Plus Lisa IIe M0100 - NEW
$49.99
1984 APPLE MACINTOSH 128K FIRST MAC Model M0001 PICASSO KIT Discs Harvard Rare
$1800.00
Apple Macintosh 128k Desktop computer. Upgraded to 512k
$300.00
Apple Macintosh Mac 128k - 512k Boot / Diagnostics 2 Disk Set for Classic Macs
$14.99
Vintage Apple Macintosh 128K 512K Carrying Case Rainbow Logo Excellent Cond
$140.00
Macintosh Platinum Mouse - Apple 128K 512K 512Ke Mac Plus Lisa IIe M0100 - NEW
$59.99
Keyboard Cable Cord - Apple Macintosh Mac 128K 512K 512Ke Plus
$12.99
The First 1984 APPLE MACINTOSH 128K Model M0001 Set with Travel Bag VTG ORIGINAL
$824.50
1984 APPLE MACINTOSH 128K MATCHING # BOX Set Original Mac Model M0001 WORKS RARE
$6299.00
Apple Keyboard for Macintosh 128k 512k Mac Plus RARE Vintage M0110 (010)
$149.00