-
Knoppix 4.0, screen locking not working...AT ALL
Hello All,
I'm rather frustrated with this. I want to lock the screen after booting the live CD of Knoppix v4.0. However all suggestions I've seen do *not* work for me.
First, without setting any passwords, KDE session lock is *not* disabled...I _can_ select it. However, the mouse just goes away and when I move the move...I'm back as normal. So I set both the root and knoppix user passwords and try again...same thing.
Second, I see about launching xscreensaver...not even there...at least not in the $PATH.
Next, I tried the suggestion of booting into text-only mode (knoppix 2, specifically) setting the passwords and launching 'kdm'. I get the login screen, attempt 'knoppix' and it "cycles" back to the login screen. The password is accepted because if not, I get an invalid login attempt. This does attempt a login, fails to launch KDE, and goes bounces me back to the login screen.
*sigh* Ideas? I'm looking for the best security I can. I'd like to have the screen locked and *not* have anyone able to walk up and "ctl-alt-f1" to switch to a root console also if possible.
--David
Similar Threads
-
By black_out in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-08-2005, 07:39 PM
-
By atrick-pay in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-03-2005, 05:04 AM
-
By Zeus in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-21-2005, 03:52 AM
-
By hobbes5683 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-03-2005, 04:43 PM
-
By darksky in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-09-2003, 02:37 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1690.40

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$316.61

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$90.00

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$102.99

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99

Acer Aspire 14" AI Copilot+PC Laptop Core Ultra 5 226V Gen 4 ARC 16GB 1TB Refurb
$452.53

Western Digital WD Caviar Black 1TB 7200RPM SATA 3.5 HDD WD10000LSRTL New Sealed
$89.99

Samsung New SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB 1TB 500GB 250GB NVMe M2 Internal Hard Drive Lot
$189.99