-
Default Passwords a Necessity!
Sorry for being such a tard: I figured this whole mess out but digging just a little deeper. So sorry.
antweb: I tried your solution. I booted the 5.0.1 DVD and locked the screen without setting a root password or a password for the user 'knoppix'. Your 'fix' mandates that one already knows the password.
My bigger question, I guess, is there has GOT to already be a defaul root password...right?
As un: knoppix, I can lock my screen and Knoppix requires a password for me to unlock it.
Similar Threads
-
By black_out in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-08-2005, 07:39 PM
-
By atrick-pay in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-03-2005, 05:04 AM
-
By Zeus in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-21-2005, 03:52 AM
-
By hobbes5683 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-03-2005, 04:43 PM
-
By darksky in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-09-2003, 02:37 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$145.00

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00

pfSense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 8GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN
$184.99

OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN
$298.00

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F UTM UTP License Until 2027 Network Security FW VPN
$178.99

Fortinet FortiGate 80E 12 Ports Firewall Appliance
$20.25

OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC
$175.00

Netgate SG-2100 pfSense Plus 26.07 Firewall VPN Router - Wiped, Fresh Install
$174.99

Unfi Security Gateway Pro
$170.00

Fortinet FortiGate FG-40F Network Security Firewall NO RACK EARS
$49.99