-
Senior Member
registered user
Two posted questions, one response...
JBeck
I installed my Knoppix to the hard drive, and I have the "Lock Screen" enabled - the problem with not being able to run the Lock Screen, is that you dont have a password that will be used to "unlock" the screen. What you might try, is set a "user" password, and while you are at it, set a "root" password - as a test - and then see if the "Lock Screen" is enabled - you NEVER want to enable the Lock Screen without having a password, you will not have a way to disable the locked screen...
AlanEzust
I am using xscreensaver, not the KDE one, but, my command may be translated to yours, to fire-off my screensaver, the "X" one, I just run xscreensaver-command -activate, and if I wanted to lock the screen at the same time, I would add -lock to my command line. Not sure on this, I cant locate any information ( man or other ), but I think the program is called kscreensaver, I did a locate on it, and can only find the copyright docs for it, not the program. Best I can do for you...
Hope this helps, both of you,
Ms. Cuddles
Similar Threads
-
By black_out in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-08-2005, 07:39 PM
-
By atrick-pay in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-03-2005, 05:04 AM
-
By Zeus in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-21-2005, 03:52 AM
-
By hobbes5683 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-03-2005, 04:43 PM
-
By darksky in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-09-2003, 02:37 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Addonics 5-Disk SATA II RAID System Tower. With 5 Seagate 1500 Gig 7200rpm drive
$250.00

Broadcom MegaRAID 9480-8e Fujitsu PRAID EP540e SAS RAID Card (Replac 9380-8e) 8i
$228.00

G-Technology G-SPEED Studio XL 48TB Thunderbolt 2 Storage - Housing Only
$200.00

EMC KTN-SL3 15-Bay Disk Array Enclosure w/2x 303-108-000E Cards, Dual PSU,No HDD
$239.99

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99

WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure
$119.99

Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board
$300.00

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00