-
Setting passwords is not the issue...
I can set passwords just fine. When I do a 'su -' after boot, I get the root prompt. Next I change the password for root, exit back to the knoppix user and when I attempt 'su -' again, I have to enter the password I changed. So changing passwords is not the problem...that works fine. The problem is KDE is not recognizing or not paying attention to the passwords.
Once the passwords are changed, locking the screen with KDE's menu option (Lock Session) does not actually lock it. Simply moving the mouse puts me right back to where I was. I'm not prompted for a password nor does it blank the screen (the screen saver session). I don't know if its relevant, but when I go to the KDE control panel, I'm give two screen saver options, blank and random...nothing more. This would indicate 'xscreensaver' is *not* installed...this could also be what is causing the lack of screen locking...don't know.
--david
Similar Threads
-
By black_out in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-08-2005, 07:39 PM
-
By atrick-pay in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-03-2005, 05:04 AM
-
By Zeus in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-21-2005, 03:52 AM
-
By hobbes5683 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-03-2005, 04:43 PM
-
By darksky in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-09-2003, 02:37 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99

GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5
$189.99

ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield
$84.99

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99

Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)
$29.90

ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio
$34.99

ASUS PRIME Z370-A II LGA 1151 Intel Z370 DDR4 DIMM USB3.1 DVI ATX RGB
$69.99

Dell XPS 8940 Desktop Motherboard Intel H470 LGA1200 DDR4 K3CM7 KV3RP 427JK
$154.99

B85M-G Motherboard Intel Core i7-4770 CPU LGA1150 mATX 4 DIMM IO Shield
$75.96