What's wrong with the fonts?
Hi to all! I've got a problem with OpenOffice's menu fonts.
So, in Knoppix, OpenOffice's menu fonts looks fine (identical to Windows version of the program) but in Debian GNU/Linux 3.0, with the same version of OpenOffice, menu fonts appears with wrong render. I have tried to change Andale Sans UI but fonts looks already wrong. Can you help me?
What's wrong with the fonts?
So, the fonts appear bigger than knoppix's fonts and bad scaled, without anti-alias (with anti-alias enabled in the options)
Knoppix uses a different default for the font size than Debian. Check in /etc/kde3/kdm/Xservers and change the -dpi 100 lines to -dpi 75. Then in your /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 Change the order of the font paths so that the 75dpi line is above the the 100dpi one i.e:Originally Posted by Lexinton
Also the type1 line in the file should be at the bottom of the paths. You may also want to create an ~/.Xresources with this line Xft.autohint: 1 this will enable the auto-hinting of the anit-aliased fonts when you login to your user. You will have to log out and re-start the X-Server for the changes to take effect and you should see a difference in your fonts.Code:FontPath "/usr/lib/X11/fonts/75dpi" FontPath "/usr/lib/X11/fonts/100dpi" FontPath "/usr/lib/X11/fonts/type1"
I think I know what the original poster is talking about although I'm not sure if this is the forum to talk about it. I just faced the same problem just now.
I'm using Knoppix 3.2 and just upgraded openoffice.org since I wanted the english version installed and not the German one.
Apparently it installed Version OpenOffice 1.1.0-3 and I'm facing a problem with the fonts on the Menu and document. Everything is gone for a toss. It's a little hard to describe how bad it looks.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
dpkg -l openoffice* | grep ii
ii openoffice.org 1.1.0-3 high-quality office productivity suite
ii openoffice.org 1.1.0-3 OpenOffice.org office suite binary files
ii openoffice.org 1.1.0-3+2 Debian specific parts of OpenOffice.org
ii openoffice.org 1.1.0-3 English US language package for openoffice.o
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I looked at my X Config files as well and they appear to be as you have suggested.
Any other ideas / tips on where to look to tweak my configuration settings?
Regards
Rishi

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1499.00
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
Dell PowerEdge R240 Intel Xeon E-2224 3.50GHz 8GB DDR4 ECC NO HDD 250W
$285.97
Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99
Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E6-2699 v3 | 128gb RAM | 2x 1600W
$899.99
867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00
Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00