-
Junior Member
registered user
sorry guys, this is now getting way over my head, thanks for the responses, I did try your suggestion ferreter but when I tried to edit /etc/network/intefaces. It said I didn't have permission to write to the file, (I'm working from the cd not the hard drive.) I could try installing knoppix to the hard drive but I can't see how that's gonna solve my connection problem. this is all about the TCP/IP settings, the numbers I input work in windows but not in Linux and it's not just knoppix, I tried the Demo Linux ISO earlier today, same result no internet connection. To add insult to injury, I e-mailed my ISP to get confirmation that these TCP/IP settings were correct, and they flat-out refused any help, saying that they
(Blueyonder.co.uk) did not support Linux, and that I use it at my own risk, time to call it a day methinks! (anyone know how to un-cap a blueyonder modem,
thanks again to all who responded in this thread)
Similar Threads
-
By dobell in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-19-2004, 10:09 PM
-
By koselan in forum Networking
Replies: 7
Last Post: 08-19-2004, 05:01 PM
-
By drakon34 in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-17-2004, 12:30 AM
-
By arthag in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-31-2004, 10:31 PM
-
By JNeuhoff in forum Networking
Replies: 3
Last Post: 08-23-2003, 04:43 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Lenovo ThinkPad L13 Yoga Touch Laptop 13.3” Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$239.99

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 2 Laptop 14” HD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$319.99

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 2 i5-1145G7 16GB 512GB SSD Touch Win 11 Pro Good
$261.99

Lenovo ThinkPad T480s | i5-8350U | 256GB NVMe | 8GB RAM | W11 Pro | W/AC Adapter
$169.99

Lenovo - IdeaPad Slim 3i 15.3" 2K Touchscreen Laptop - Intel Core 7 350 2026 ...
$679.99

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11
$374.99

Lenovo ThinkPad L14 Gen 2 14" Laptop Core i5-1135G7 2.40GHz 8GB RAM 256GB SSD
$124.99

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Windows 11 PRO Laptop Notebook PC Computer, 8GB Ram, Webcam, Wifi, and HDMI
$144.00